AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Huh. I'd given up hope of there being a remote solution, but that looks like it will do the job. And only 30 bucks (if you already have a Harmony remote)! My memory is that the PS3 adapter was $60.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I saw this this weekend, unfortunately it was sold out but hopefully this is the remote adapter we have been waiting for, PDP PlayStation 4 IR Receiver For Logitech Harmony Remote Control Devices. https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Receiver-Logitech-Harmony-Control-4/dp/B01K3VMBM0
Holy smokes, that would be awesome if that is legit. I hadnt checked this thread in months, and had basically given up on this endeavor of PS4/harmony control. I was cleaning up my amazon wishlist, saw that old media remote everyone complained about on here, figured Id check the thread, and boom, there it is.

Definitely keeping tabs on this

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
That looks great, I would probably buy one but for two years i have basically used cec on samsung tv's. Through an avr i basically have to switch my avr to the ps4 input then select the avr input on the tv, it turns on the ps4. and then i can control it, I would take a long look at this if it has discrete off, to turn my ps4 off currently i usually have to power off my tv to cec turn it off.

I dont use harmony though I use simple control on my ipad, hopefully i could simply attach an IR emitter onto the window and simple would add the codes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is this going to function like some of the custom bt/ir converters for the PS3? Just going to need a powered usb connection? I am not seeing anything regarding connectivity, but I assume it works like those did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hopefully this works! I too had given up hope, and decided to read through the thread here when I saw some recent posts were made, here's to hoping we finally (after 3 years) get a Harmony solution.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
So is this finally going to make it out? This is the closest we have gotten to a release date without the product page updated. So hopefully I am not jinxing it.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
So is this finally going to make it out? This is the closest we have gotten to a release date without the product page updated. So hopefully I am not jinxing it.
Nope, not coming out. I ordered this months ago and check on it periodically. As of today the date is pushed back to November 21.

What a joke.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I reached out to PDP's customer service and this was the super helpful reply they gave me:

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the delays and any inconvenience however, we do not have any additional information that we can provide at this time.
Kindest Regards,
PDP Customer Support

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
PDP has been miserable with their stock and support of the Rock Band wired drums adapter so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Has anyone had the Harmony hub interfere with their game controllers? It interfered a little with my PS4 controller and a lot with my Xbox One controller, so I had to unplug it.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Well color me shocked. I just received an email from Amazon that these will be shipping and it should arrive on Dec 29.

We'll see what actually happens.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well color me shocked. I just received an email from Amazon that these will be shipping and it should arrive on Dec 29.

We'll see what actually happens.
Ya I was stunned. I only saw the preview in my notifications and figured it was probably delayed again.

Now to see if it delivers on everything it promised. Is the adapter already in the harmony database?

*edit* looks like it is, I am seeing PDP PDP playstation 4 irc receiver in the devices

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well I got it working in my various activities, it definitely turns on the device and navigates through the menus.

It connects via bluetooth btw, in case anyone is curious

I am now trying to figure out how to create a macro for the turning off option:

• Im in the PDP PS4 IR, ive selected that I want the device to turn off.
  • Ive adjusted the power settings to "I want to turn off this device when its not in use"
  • Picked "a button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off"
  • "I dont have the original remote, but i know the command" - selected PS command
  • Then "I dont have the original remote, but i know the commands", selected more than one command.
  • I have selected PS, Down, Down, X, X.
The issue is, I dont know how to program a hold of "PS" the PS/Power button. Pressing it once just quick switches the windows. I need to figure out how to hold it, so it enters the power menu.

Another option if you are on the main dashboard is "up" and then ten right arrows, x, x, but that is a lot of commands to send and would really slow down the power off process for those that don't want to stay line of sight for that whole time.

Ideas?

·
Registered
472 Posts
...Another option if you are on the main dashboard is "up" and then ten right arrows, x, x, but that is a lot of commands to send and would really slow down the power off process for those that don't want to stay line of sight for that whole time.
I'm pretty sure that's how the official Logitech PS3 adaptor works - you need to keep the remote pointed at the PS3 for a long time if you're shutting down the PS3, and if you point it away too early it doesn't shut down.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's how the official Logitech PS3 adaptor works - you need to keep the remote pointed at the PS3 for a long time if you're shutting down the PS3, and if you point it away too early it doesn't shut down.
Over in the remote thread mdavej believes he can get assist in getting a PS-Long code added to the device:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2945072-finally-shipping-pdp-playstation-4-ir-receiver-logitech-harmony.html#post55393210

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope, not coming out. I ordered this months ago and check on it periodically. As of today the date is pushed back to November 21.

What a joke.
Believe it or not, it’s out and I have it finally. Ordered it in July and got it today, Dec 29th. Have already added it as a device to my Harmony profile but haven’t paired it yet so I can’t speak to if it works as advertised. Sure hope so...on/off and total PS4 functionality has been a long time coming.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts