AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
There are no remotes out, as yet, that can operate the PS4. Unless Sony cooperates with Logitech there's no way they can market a new adapter or get their bluetooth remotes to work. Remember Sony's own bluetooth for the PS3 does not work for the PS4.

What exactly do you need the harmony for the PS4. Its primarily a gaming machine. The PS3 plays all multimedia at half the price. Keep it and use the PS4 for gaming only OR get the Xbox One. The Harmony works with that. The meatheads at Sony could seem to have a hard on for Bluetooth.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
Nothing yet, but I think I read Logitech is working with Sony on this.

PS4 is HDMI-CEC compliant though, so if your TV is as well (most high end TV's are) then you can rig it to work through the TV.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24025885

There are no remotes out, as yet, that can operate the PS4. Unless Sony cooperates with Logitech there's no way they can market a new adapter or get their bluetooth remotes to work. Remember Sony's own bluetooth for the PS3 does not work for the PS4.

What exactly do you need the harmony for the PS4. Its primarily a gaming machine. The PS3 plays all multimedia at half the price. Keep it and use the PS4 for gaming only OR get the Xbox One. The Harmony works with that. The meatheads at Sony could seem to have a hard on for Bluetooth.

I need the harmony to work for the PS4 because sometimes when I'm done gaming I want to use my remote to turn on Amazon Prime, Netflix, or even a movie without having to switch machines. Plus it would be nice not to have to retain my PS3.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I understand completely!

Trying to watch a Blu-ray on the PS4 was a comedy of errors the other night. First off, the blue light on the DS4 has to be able to be shut off, at least for watching movies. I first put it on the armrest, but the blue light was way too distracting, so I attempted to put it on an end table behind me. Several times.The first attempt resulted in me accidentally hitting one of the shoulder buttons on the controller, so the movie skipped a chapter. I got the movie back to the beginning, and made a second attempt. Did the same damn thing! Now the wife is about ready to leave the room (a wiser man would have had no objections) so I got up, walked behind my chairs, and carefully placed the controller on the floor, so that the flashlight was shining underneath the chairs.

Meanwhile I have a xsight touch universal remote sitting there that won't control the PS4 because none of the PS3 control solutions work with the PS4. Why Sony didn't put an IR receiver on the PS4 after all the problems the PS3 presented is beyond me. $$$ I guess....

·
Registered
7,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24026263

I need the harmony to work for the PS4 because sometimes when I'm done gaming I want to use my remote to turn on Amazon Prime, Netflix, or even a movie without having to switch machines. Plus it would be nice not to have to retain my PS3.

If you have a Harmony, that only involves pressing Activities, PS3.

Surprised you will never play any of your PS3 games again.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24026618

If you have a Harmony, that only involves pressing Activities, PS3.

That is what I do, but it doesn't solve the fact that I don't want to have to keep my PS3 when and if the PS4 does 3D blu-ray playback.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hope they get support for the Harmony One soon as I'm not a fan of using the PS4 controller for watching a Blu-ray at all! I've hit those darn shoulder buttons and fast forwarded or skipped chapters numerous times when moving or just bumping the controller. I would have kept my PS3 in my entertainment center for media playback and streaming, but I've ran out of inputs and shelf space!

-=gos=-

·
Registered
421 Posts
I managed to obtain a ps4 as an early Xmas present.

The hdmi controll does indeed work. I enabled hdmi on the ps4, Sony reciever, sharp aquos.

Shuttle pause play ff rewind all work.

But now my tv displays a volume graphic when I change volume on my reciever.

No option to turn it off. I programmed the harmony to set the input for ps4 but use tv commands.

By the way is the bluray drive always spinning up and down with a little siren sound while navigating Menues on everyone else's too?

Wish the bluray would pick a speed and stick too it with movies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My harmony 890 pro with adapter will turn my ps4 on & off but that is all it will do for now. They just need to update the firmware for the adapter is all .

·
UHD Addict
37,087 Posts
Wasn't there a remote on Amazon that was supposed to come out early next year? I know I planned on getting it since I would rather use that than the controller when playing streaming content. Or they hopefully implement voice options for controlling the playback.

·
UHD Addict
37,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24169673

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Bluray-Remote-PlayStation-4/dp/B00EV0CTK4

Looks simple, but kinda lame. I just wish I could use my Harmony instead... already got the PS3 bluetooth kit...

Have they even mentioned the Harmony PS3 BT adapter? If they plan or don't plan for it to work in the future? I have one too. With that adapter I would use my PS4 to play some BDs. But right now with only controller support I won't use it for BD playback. Or if they enabled voice support i would use it like I do on my XBOne.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24169673

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Bluray-Remote-PlayStation-4/dp/B00EV0CTK4

Looks simple, but kinda lame. I just wish I could use my Harmony instead... already got the PS3 bluetooth kit...

I am pretty sure this is bogus. The release date has been pushed back twice now and Sony has not announced bluetooth support for accessories, so I think this company is assuming that Sony will get there eventually and is going to produce these when that happens.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24170162

Have they even mentioned the Harmony PS3 BT adapter? If they plan or don't plan for it to work in the future? I have one too. With that adapter I would use my PS4 to play some BDs. But right now with only controller support I won't use it for BD playback. Or if they enabled voice support i would use it like I do on my XBOne.

Sony is not supporting bluetooth accessories. If they were, their own bluetooth remote that worked on the PS3 would work on the PS4. I think they will eventually get there, but it seems that in a rush to get the console out before the holidays, they cut non-essential functionality.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24170478

Sony is not supporting bluetooth accessories. If they were, their own bluetooth remote that worked on the PS3 would work on the PS4. I think they will eventually get there, but it seems that in a rush to get the console out before the holidays, they cut non-essential functionality.

My net is that this is coming sooner rather than later. I expect a 2.0 update that will enable all sorts of **** they couldn't get to prior to launch.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/30#post_24173438

My net is that this is coming sooner rather than later. I expect a 2.0 update that will enable all sorts of **** they couldn't get to prior to launch.

I agree. I can't see them not adding bluetooth and 3D.

41 - 60 of 290 Posts