AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Agreed. I want something. Either a adapter like logitech makes or someone to figure out ip control. I have a URC MRX1 base station and would love not to have to control it ir

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24182900

Kind of annoyed that there has been nothing announced at CES. =/
Agreed. I really thought they would announce more.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213660

DreamGEAR Bluray Remote for PlayStation 4

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Bluray-Remote-PlayStation-4/dp/B00EV0CTK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389796354&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+bluray+remote

Releases... today?...

When I look it says February 15, not January 15. This release date has been pushed back like 3 times already. As I stated in a previous post, I believe that they are waiting for Sony to allow bluetooth accessories and were thinking it would have happened already. This remote will not work until Sony enables bluetooth accessories at which point the current PS3 bluetooth remote should also work.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213699

When I look it says February 15, not January 15. This release date has been pushed back like 3 times already. As I stated in a previous post, I believe that they are waiting for Sony to allow bluetooth accessories and were thinking it would have happened already. This remote will not work until Sony enables bluetooth accessories at which point the current PS3 bluetooth remote should also work.

Here is my question though. If they do allow the PS3 BT remote and I have my PS3 above my PS4 in the same rack, how is the remote going to know which device to turn on. I am no BT techie but I would think the new remote would have to work on a different bandwidth or something.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213793

Here is my question though. If they do allow the PS3 BT remote and I have my PS3 above my PS4 in the same rack, how is the remote going to know which device to turn on. I am no BT techie but I would think the new remote would have to work on a different bandwidth or something.

The remote can only be paired to one device at a time. If you had two PS3's for instance it'd only pair with - and control - one. To control the other you'd have to re-pair the controller with the other console. Same as with a PS3 and PS4.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213793

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213849

The remote can only be paired to one device at a time. If you had two PS3's for instance it'd only pair with - and control - one. To control the other you'd have to re-pair the controller with the other console. Same as with a PS3 and PS4.

Yea, I was going to say you wouldn't want to pair the same remote to both units if that was the case. But, I was not aware that you could only pair it with one unit anyways, so that is good to know.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213959

Yea, I was going to say you wouldn't want to pair the same remote to both units if that was the case. But, I was not aware that you could only pair it with one unit anyways, so that is good to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213849

Thanks guys. I knew I was missing something...pairing it. lol

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ah crap, it does say February 15, 2014. My bad. I could have sworn it was January 15th for a long time there... maybe it was... maybe it got changed... who knows. Hmm...

·
Registered
786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24213660

DreamGEAR Bluray Remote for PlayStation 4

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Bluray-Remote-PlayStation-4/dp/B00EV0CTK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389796354&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+bluray+remote

Releases... today?...

Watch out guys. That thing says it uses a USB dongle so it's not Bluetooth. It's going to eat up one of your usb ports if that is important to you. You might end up not being able to plug in the camera in the back if you get this thing or end up with a dongle hanging off the front.

·
UHD Addict
37,311 Posts
I still don't understand why they didn't put a couple of USB ports on the back. The last place I want any USB ports is on the front.

·
Registered
786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24224589

I still don't understand why they didn't put a couple of USB ports on the back. The last place I want any USB ports is on the front.

They had to put some on the front for easy access but I agree about the back. Obviously cost cutting. I thought there was one on the back but I just double checked and you're right.

Reactions: reddice

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dae3dae3  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24225094

They had to put some on the front for easy access but I agree about the back. Obviously cost cutting. I thought there was one on the back but I just double checked and you're right.

I am guessing you could always add a powered hub back there for cheap to add a few USB slots.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24222535

Ah crap, it does say February 15, 2014. My bad. I could have sworn it was January 15th for a long time there... maybe it was... maybe it got changed... who knows. Hmm...

It says the release date is now April 18th, 2014

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheuk  /t/1499097/ps4-and-harmony-remote/60#post_24281929

It says the release date is now April 18th, 2014

LOL it is never coming out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the most interesting part of the Dreamgear remote is that it appears to have a power on/off button. For those of us still using the PS3 as their main blu ray player, you know that the Harmony "Off" command is actually a macro that presses the PS button, cycle downs, and hits power off. Works about 80% of the time for me. A discrete power off would be awesome...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
There's a thread about this on the logitech forums. Based on what they're saying, Dreamgear is trying to hype this product up and get pre-orders before putting it into production. It seems like vaporware to me.

Sony needs to get with the program and provide the bluetooth commands to logitech or release their own remote. It has been 6 months now, and we haven't heard a peep. I guess they're still working on firmware updates to address things that should've been in the console at launch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, interestingly, I have a harmony 900 and set up to work with my AV receiver and my panasonic plasma. Since there are no PS4 controls for obvious reasons, I set the up / down arrow buttoms plus the OK button to work with the TV. I have been using the PS4 controller to work the PS$ in the meantime. Rolled on the harmony remote the other day and low and behold, the arrows control the the ps4 (at least in the stratup screen and on netflix app). OK button works as well. Play, stop, rewind etc don't seem to do anything. Not really sure how this is working as I thought the PS4 had no IR receiver, but it does, if in a limited way. Anyone else have a similar experience? Have the VT25 Panaonic Plasma.

61 - 80 of 290 Posts