AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it was suggested I post this in this Thread.

I have purchased a new receiver, the Yamaha RX A1040 and now my Ps4 and Ps3 wont display a picture (blank screen /flashing bug). It will show picture in 480p mode but nothing else. My Xfinity, Xbox one, chromcast and Wii U all work fine. I troubleshooted every wire cable and device to no solution. I contacted Yamaha and they don't know what to think of it. Sony had this to say...

Evelyn: Thank you for waiting, I was just researching about this case and I found out that the issue is due to compatibility between your receiver software and the consoles software. My best advise wold be for you to use it without the receiver or to try using another one. Since the consoles works fine without the receiver unfrotunately my friend there is no other troubleshooting that we can follow.
Evelyn: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: so i have a brand new receiver and you say I need to get new receiver?
Evelyn: Well, I am really sorry for the inconveniences but in this case, the issue is related with the Yamaha Receiver.
Evelyn: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: no it is happening with sony, and onkyo receivers as well
Evelyn: Unfortunately, it appears I am not able to assist you with your request today. I will be disconnecting this chat session. Thanks for contacting PlayStation.
The agent has ended the chat.

Wow, has anyone else had this issue and fond a way to fix it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
the 1040 should pass a ps4 signal ... it's a brand new receiver .......

what tv make and model you using ?
It might not do the arc stuff ?

so it works if you connect ps3/4 into hdmi on tv and digital optical out from
tv to receiver ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 1040 should pass a ps4 signal ... it's a brand new receiver .......

what tv make and model you using ?
It might not do the arc stuff ?

so it works if you connect ps3/4 into hdmi on tv and digital optical out from
tv to receiver ?
Im not using ARC. Well I got it to work by disabling HDCP. Now the only problem is using Netflix and some bluray movies.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts