AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched online, but could not find an answer to this question. I have my PS4 hooked up to my Yahama 373 receiver. It's a 5.1 receiver, and I have a 5.1 setup. However, I remember back with my PS3 that when selecting the audio I was told I needed to uncheck all the boxes that had 7.1 audio, as it wasn't supported on my receiver. Otherwise there would audio from 2 channels going nowhere.

On my PS4 however, I don't find that option anywhere. And I just noticed upon putting in Ground Zeros tonight that the audio from PCM that my receiver is getting is 7.1...does this mean that 2 channels of audio from my game are going nowhere? Or does my receiver downmix it into the 2 surround channels I do have? Is there a fix if I need one?

·
Registered
88 Posts
2 things that I can think of.

Auto set up should recognize your speaker config and set accordingly .If source was 7.1 it will redirect channels into the channels you are using.

You can still go to manual set up and un click options you dont want.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDdawn6  /t/1523227/ps4-audio-question#post_24527236

2 things that I can think of.

Auto set up should recognize your speaker config and set accordingly .If source was 7.1 it will redirect channels into the channels you are using.

You can still go to manual set up and un click options you dont want.

You can unclick the options you don't want on PS3...not on PS4. At least I can't find anyplace in PS4 setup to do it. I guess I just have to hope that my receiver is sending the surround info to other channels so that I don't have channels going nowhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts