AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried 3 times to obtain a PS5 and failed!

I had it in my cart on announcement day for pre order on best buy, cart crashed.

Two Weeks ago i tried to get it on WM, same issue. Was in the cart, Cart Crashed.

I am going to attempt again tonight @9PM ET from WM.... How were you able to score yours?

Worst case i might have to hold off on it, until next year.... ( First time i dont have a PS console on launch day )

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I got both my PS5 and Series X through Wal-Mart's website. The first few attempts after placing both in my cart, the site kept telling me they were both already sold out. So I just continued trying a few more times right after that and I was successful. So, keep trying to add to cart and checkout and hopefully you'll luck out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its hard to compete on WM site due to bots buying them up immediately. They really need to up their game on their web sites. The good news is on FB marketplace, I am starting to notice panic in scalpers that bought too many too fast. Most likely took a hefty CCard hit right at the holidays...... I have seen some at $500 and some even are being dumped at msrp... the issue is on those is you never know if it is a trap to get robbed. I hope those guys are forced to march into walmart or best buy and wait in a nice long line with heads held low to return 4-5 consoles......

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its hard to compete on WM site due to bots buying them up immediately. They really need to up their game on their web sites. The good news is on FB marketplace, I am starting to notice panic in scalpers that bought too many too fast. Most likely took a hefty CCard hit right at the holidays...... I have seen some at $500 and some even are being dumped at msrp... the issue is on those is you never know if it is a trap to get robbed. I hope those guys are forced to march into walmart or best buy and wait in a nice long line with heads held low to return 4-5 consoles......
Amen! Yeah WM needs to deff add some type of CAPTCHA or something to prevent bots and scripts doing it... I am also with you on them being stuck... Besides Demon Souls not a lot of tittles to go over, so might even wait...

·
Registered
79 Posts

I had it in my cart on announcement day for pre order on best buy, cart crashed.

Two Weeks ago i tried to get it on WM, same issue. Was in the cart, Cart Crashed.

I am going to attempt again tonight @9PM ET from WM.... How were you able to score yours?

Worst case i might have to hold off on it, until next year.... ( First time i dont have a PS console on launch day )
There is zero reason to have a PS5 in 2020. None. Wait until spring and there might be a game worth upgrading to the PS5 for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is zero reason to have a PS5 in 2020. None. Wait until spring and there might be a game worth upgrading to the PS5 for.
You are essentially paying even at retail 399 or 499 + another $60 for demons souls REMAKE. The other titles are on the PC. Right now is a good time to get the X900H and then wait on the ps5 after the new year. By then the firmware updates should be rolling. Besides if you want just for Demons souls. Youtubers have already broken the game pretty much. By the time I get a PS5, i hope demon souls is on sale.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

I got lucky. I was refreshing Best Buy all night on pre-order night. Just got errors and out of stock. I gave up after a couple of hours. But I kept refreshing every few minutes anyway. Just when I was about to go to bed after 1am I was able to get an order in.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Lol. Plenty of reasons to have a PS5 right now. Even to just play PS4 games at better resolutions and framerates.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out of curiosity, why would they care if it is a bot buying their offerings, or an individual doing it manually?
Id like to be able to buy one. Not the bot... Especially for Scalpers to re-sell at higher price.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Here's an article about a group of scalpers who snagged 3500 PS5s:

Beyond monitoring retail sites, the group used the same type of software designed to circumvent wait times, jump queues, and rapidly purchase high-demand items that's used to snag Yeezys and the latest Supreme drops: "bots" that are able to buy items faster than any human being could.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The bots suck for sure. My gaming friends and I have all been able to get them. I’ve managed five myself since initial preorder, and that’s not including a digital edition that I’m pretty sure the fedex guy stole. I just order them to my house and disperse to friends unable to snag them. I got a GameStop bundle the other night and one tonight with Walmart. Couple Xbox series X thrown in as well for those of us who do both.

I’ve had my CC get a fraud alert twice and ask me if the purchase was okay, but by then it’s too late and it screwed up both sales. That’s two more I could have had for friends lol. But this isn’t with any special software. Most were on my iPhone and a few on the Mac.

@Wario64 on Twitter usually tweets out when a site is going live with new stock.
Could always jumped in line tomorrow for the Friday morning deal at GameStop.

Edit: Also look at Walmart’s website. The disc and digital version have different out of stock messages. It leads me to believe that the disc version will pop back up sooner than later. When they initially sold out on Walmart tonight the message was different so I kept spamming refresh and it was updated with more in stock. Only reason I got one, people already assumed they were sold out.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Missed it again... got the wrong timer set instead of 9pm ET, it was 9PM MST... Guess its not meant to be just yet.. I trully hope that individuals that bought over 1 for personal gain can go to he** and get stuck with them... Just like id*ots who bought out all the PAPER-TOWELS AND TP>.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got lucky. I was refreshing Best Buy all night on pre-order night. Just got errors and out of stock. I gave up after a couple of hours. But I kept refreshing every few minutes anyway. Just when I was about to go to bed after 1am I was able to get an order in.
Same here. Except mine went through at 3am. It took me about 2 hours and a bunch of different bugs+crashes to get to the place order screen. Then about 3 hours of clicking the place order button and/or refreshing the page then hitting the place order button.

It was about 2:50am and I was ready to give up. I hit the place order button one more time and went downstairs to get a glass of water before bed. I heard my cell phone ding, went and looked and I had an order confirmation text from Best Buy. Checked my computer screen and sure enough the order had gone through while I was downstairs.
I was in disbelief, but I checked my email and had an order confirmation. I kept expecting the order to get cancelled (not sure why...😂) but it arrived 2 days after launch. Poor UPS driver didn’t get to my house until like 9pm. He had 287 deliveries that day.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Id like to be able to buy one. Not the bot... Especially for Scalpers to re-sell at higher price.
Well yeah, that's pretty obvious that you would benefit from it. But why would the store benefit from it? I mean, you're basically expecting the store to block some of their customers from buying stuff so that others can buy it.

In theory, a retailer might earn goodwill and increased customer loyalty if it put bot-prevention measures in place.
Probably some goodwill. But I would doubt very much that would translate into measurable customer loyalty in this age where all shoppers can ascertain which store has the lowest price and fastest shipping for a product in 6 or 7 finger presses. If this console shows up on their website as in stock next week, are you not going to click the button out of principle because they allowed bots to buy the first couple shipments of it?

Alternatively, how hard is it to build your own "bot" and program it to just order 1?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
@Suntan there were bots and scripts that allowed few scalpers to buy 3200 consoles on launch day...
3200 sounds like a drop in the bucket, but who knows how many other scalpers are out there.

Demand was going to be sky-high even without the scalpers, they're just making it even harder.

But hey, if everything went smooth, I probably would had missed out. I found out about the pre-order about an hour in and other sites were showing sold out by then. otoh, BestBuy's server's were being crushed by the traffic and I eventually got an order through hours later when the load lightened.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jesus buddy! Same here, but i actually gave up at 1am.... Grr should of stuck with it. How do you like the Console ( not many titles to push its envelope ) but i know that our PS4 games will look great!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts