AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current sub is an SVS 20-39 PC plus (deftech 8060st mains). The PSAs are obviously used and the monoliths would be new. Price being the same. What are your thoughts on pros/cons?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Current sub is an SVS 20-39 PC plus (deftech 8060st mains). The PSAs are obviously used and the monoliths would be new. Price being the same. What are your thoughts on pros/cons?
The monoliths are TOTALLY the way to go. Go with them, that is a no brainer. Anyone can see that is the better decision.
Sooooooooooo, on another note...where are these PSA's located at?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With dual S3600i you get 4 X 18 inch drivers with 1700 watt amps, versus 2 X 15 inch drivers with 1000 watt amps.

Easy call. Get the PSA 3600i.
Forgot to mention - 90/10 movies/music. Any worries moving from a ported “sound” to sealed?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts

What’s your room like? I would stay ported for movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With my small room, I’m thinking I should have nice room gain and the sealed 18s will give me some serious output. It already sounds really good with the SVS. Guessing that either of these 2 should result in a really nice upgrade?

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
The monoliths are TOTALLY the way to go. Go with them, that is a no brainer. Anyone can see that is the better decision.
Sooooooooooo, on another note...where are these PSA's located at?
totally get the monoliths NOW! No one would want those psa's for 90% movies, ugh...
so....where are these psa's located? asking for...umm... a friend
LOL somebody wants those PSA's;).

·
Registered
5,768 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don’t know other than they still have warranty remaining - so must be under 5 years.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Don’t know other than they still have warranty remaining - so must be under 5 years.

I would get all of that lined out first and make sure they have not been abused to the extent that warranty does not cover it

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Assuming all else is equal - sounds like the PSAs would be the way to go?

I am personally a ported guy as I have tried sealed and it just did not have the violence that a ported has.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I am personally a ported guy as I have tried sealed and it just did not have the violence that a ported has.

yes, this guy gets it. PSA sucks, get the monoliths. :) Let me know where those psa's are though and i will try to convince that guy he should go with some monoliths!

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
yes, this guy gets it. PSA sucks, get the monoliths. :) Let me know where those psa's are though and i will try to convince that guy he should go with some monoliths!

All the power to you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts