AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just looking for some opinions here. Early on in my quest for some reason I was not giving HSU much of a chance and seemed to be stuck on having just one more expensive sub. Anyway, I am just exploring and trying to keep an open mind. I am also trying to keep it under or close to $2000.

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
Well there you have it...the consensus recommends you go with dual...vft15hs...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mini-Wheat

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478785


Or get 2 polks for even less money.. however he was asking about 2 quality subs.

And what makes you think these are not quality subs? Plenty of users of the previous Chase HT model.


I'd bet money that a pair of these would put a beating on a pair of XV15s and do it easily. Or you could spend another $200 and upgrade the amp and do an even more impressive beat down on the poor little 15s.



Now I see, you're one of the "trouble makers" over at the Chane forums with an obvious chip, kind of like shady with PSA. So with that I'll just ignore whatever snarky, uneducated responses you make.
 
  • Like
Reactions: salehdidit

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478796


And what makes you think these are not quality subs? Plenty of users of the previous Chase HT model.


I'd bet money that a pair of these would put a beating on a pair of XV15s and do it easily. Or you could spend another $200 and upgrade the amp and do an even more impressive beat down on the poor little 15s.



Now I see, you're one of the "trouble makers" over at the Chane forums with an obvious chip, kind of like shady with PSA. So with that I'll just ignore whatever snarky, uneducated responses you make.

According to Chane, 2 SBE-118 passives powered by a Dayton SA-1000 put out 113db 20-31hz, and 122db 40-63hz.


According to PSA 2 XV15's would put out 114.1db 20-31hz, and 122db 40-63hz.


This 2m rms data can be found on each manufacturers website.


So no they are not putting a beating on anything...good thing you did not bet any money. I love taking folks money...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478860


According to Chane, 2 SBE-118 passives powered by a Dayton SA-1000 put out 113db 20-31hz, and 122db 40-63hz.


2 XV15's would put out 114.1db 20-31hz, and 122db 40-63hz


So no they are not putting a beating on anything...good thing you did not bet any money. I love taking folks money...

You, I and the rest will have to wait until Josh does some testing and some of these subs get in homes.


I'd take 2 sealed 18s with more power over a pair of lower powered, vented 15s anyday (if I were starting from scratch).


And based on your XV15 output estimations why would anyone consider buying a triax for double the price of a pair of XV15s when the XV15 have just as much output?


And from your "measurements"- source?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478885


You, I and the rest will have to wait until Josh does some testing and some of these subs get in homes.


I'd take 2 sealed 18s with more power over a pair of lower powered, vented 15s anyday (if I were starting from scratch).


And based on your XV15 output estimations why would anyone consider buying a triax for double the price of a pair of XV15s when the XV15 have just as much output?


And from your "measurements"- source?

The Dayton amp is not putting out more power then the XV15 plate amp. The Dayton amp is 1k watts divided by 2 sunshine... That would be 500watts to each sub.



What I posted is not estimations, it is data taken from the manufacturers web site. PSA data is proven to be within 1db of Josh Ricci's...


It takes 3 XV15s to get close to the Triax in output not duals. Triax- 116.8db 20-31hz, and 127.9db 40-63hz 2m rms.


You do not have a dog in this fight...move on and have a nice day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478796

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478785


Or get 2 polks for even less money.. however he was asking about 2 quality subs.

And what makes you think these are not quality subs? Plenty of users of the previous Chase HT model.


I'd bet money that a pair of these would put a beating on a pair of XV15s and do it easily. Or you could spend another $200 and upgrade the amp and do an even more impressive beat down on the poor little 15s.



Now I see, you're one of the "trouble makers" over at the Chane forums with an obvious chip, kind of like shady with PSA. So with that I'll just ignore whatever snarky, uneducated responses you make.

Lots of people buy polks, what's your point?. I have my response how about you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,335 Posts

Quote:
The Dayton amp is not putting out more power then the XV15 plate amp. The Dayton amp is 1k watts divided by 2 sunshine... That would be 500watts to each sub.
The Dayton puts out 475W x 2 into 8 ohms, but I think he was referring to the Chane 3600 (formerly the MQ-600), which puts out 600W x 2 into 8 ohms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478941


The Dayton puts out 475W x 2 into 8 ohms, but I think he was referring to the Chane 3600 (formerly the MQ-600), which puts out 600W x 2 into 8 ohms.

I am going directly off of the link he posted that is apart of the 1500.00 package + shipping. Do not start a nit pick fest because you own Chase products...let it be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,335 Posts

Quote:
I am going directly off of the link he posted...
In his next post, he stated:
Quote:
Or you could spend another $200 and upgrade the amp and do an even more impressive beat down on the poor little 15s. tongue.gif
That's the upgrade to the 3600.


Pointing out the correct amp is not nit-picking. Don't go all beeman on me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1522411/psa-xv15-duals-or-hsu-vtf-15h-duals#post_24478956


In his next post, he stated:

That's the upgrade to the 3600.

Its not a beat down either way so what re you trying to argue? So you want to start a debate over 100watts. Yet again I was replaying to the intitial link and post for the 1500.00 package. The point is that package does not beat down the PSA subs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,335 Posts

Quote:
Its not a beat down either way so what re you trying to argue?
I'm not arguing anything. And I don't care that there's no beat down. It's just factual information: The 3600 (a re-badged Suntron amp) at 600W/ch. into 8 ohms is more powerful than the amp on the XV15. That's it, that's all.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top