AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted about the COMBINATION of the xv15se with elemental designs a7s450. Amazing with both of those subs running together. Sorry, I'm not really much in the way of knowledge or info on the "science" or data side of this hobby, so I don't have graphs or charts to say anything technical about it. But if anyone takes stock in my personal opinion based on what I'm hearing and feeling with these subs, then you might get something out of it.

I have been fortunate enough to have had a few heavyweight subwoofers over the years so I'm not just coming from a HTIAB mentality. I have owned BIC, HSU, ED and now PSA. My cousin owns his own hi end audio installation business so I have been exposed to a few other high end subs through that.

Anyways, I now have a PSA xv15se running with the ed a7s450 with a Dayton ultimax um 18-22 driver in place of the stock driver. Naturally I decided to do some comparison music listening. Keep in mind that the ed is a sealed 18" with 1300 watts of continuous power pumping through it. In other words this is a beast of a sub! Especially for music. I expected it to pretty much blow the xv out of the water. But to my surprise that is not the case. The xv actually has more impact! The bass coming from the xv is smoother, deeper, has a more powerful and solid "feel" so to speak. Positioning could be playing a part in that I'm sure. I have the PSA in the front right corner. The ed in the front left corner. Almost identical room shape and construct to each side of the room though so maybe not.
I think it says a lot about PSA. The 450 is an output monster and even more so with the Dayton driver in it. So for this 15" ported sub with i believe 600 watts?? To outperform it? In music at that? Wow! Both sub's together is where its at of course, but if anyone is in the stage where they want a subwoofer and are unsure about PSA, well don't worry about it. You will not be disappointed with PSA subwoofers. They are the real deal. There might be better out there and I'm sure there is. But for the cost/performance factor, coupled with the customer service I have experienced with PSA, you just can't go wrong.

PS...if you can somehow afford to have two subs in your system don't even think about not doing that. I now speak from experience when I say its a no brainer. Two subs running at the same time is like nothing I have ever experienced in bass before. Just saying.

Paul

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I know placement/location has so much to do with peformance perception so I was hesitant about posting. I figured what the heck, its gotta be close with the room being pretty much identical in each corner. But admittedly I could be wrong about that. I'll do some comparisons this weekend in the exact same location and report back on what I find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts