AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy the set above (4 B15's, 1 c40) for $495 (1 year old), at least that is the asking price. I am looking for a surround system for a smaller room (10X18 that is open on half of one side with 9 foot ceilings). These speakers seem to get pretty good reviews and it looks like I can get a pretty good deal on them. What are folks opinion on here on these speakers, are they a good speaker in this price point? What is the best price new for these?

Also what AVR would you recommend for them? I was thinking the Onkyo 606 or 706 as I want upscaling and three HDMI inputs. Also, any recommendations on a sub?

This will be 50/50 btw movies and x-box.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbote /forum/post/15455650

I have the opportunity to buy the set above (4 B15's, 1 c40) for $495 (1 year old), at least that is the asking price. I am looking for a surround system for a smaller room (10X18 that is open on half of one side with 9 foot ceilings). These speakers seem to get pretty good reviews and it looks like I can get a pretty good deal on them. What are folks opinion on here on these speakers, are they a good speaker in this price point? What is the best price new for these?

Also what AVR would you recommend for them? I was thinking the Onkyo 606 or 706 as I want upscaling and three HDMI inputs. Also, any recommendations on a sub?

This will be 50/50 btw movies and x-box.

Thanks for your help

buy the speakers---very fair deal...get the matching subseries 1 subwoofer.

As to the AVR---integra dtr4.9...all hdmi!

thanks,

alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts