AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my setup is Image 4t for fronts and 8c for center. I'll be getting my surrounds soon, so I'm debating between the Image 1b or Image 3LR. Normally I would just go with the 1B for movies, but I've been getting into DVD-Audio a bit and was wondering if I should go with the 3LR instead so I can maintain near-identical driver configuration all the way around.

I will be watching more movies through the system than listening to DVD-Audio discs, but I wouldn't mind the extra cost if the performance for DVD-A was really worth it.

Thoughts? Comments? Help please!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use the Image 10S bipole surrounds to match my 5Ts and 9C. I thinh you would like them also. If for some reason you dont like them, go with the 1Bs. I have heard the 3LRs and to me they sound VERY boxy. You will not lose much of anything with the 1Bs.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'd get the 1B's. You'll match driver size that way across the board with your 4T's. I run Stratus Silveri's with a C6i center and Image 10S's for surround's. I'm moving to 7.1 as soon as my basement HT is done so, i'll get the 2B's (6.5" driver). I'll need another two channel amp for it. I think you'd have a seamless rig going this route.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The 10S surrounds use the same drivers as the 4T and the 8C . So they would be matched perfectly. The 2B has the same drivers as the 5T and the 9C . If you want to match your 10s use a pair of 1Bs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.