AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these were launched in feb, but i never heard of them till i went to their site , just loitering around. i had a chance to listen to the image 6T in mumbai, india and was impressed. then i heard a NAD [silver series?] and stratus gold combo. this was voted the best sounding setup in the exhibition in NEW DELHI. any comments on the platinum series?

also, i'd like tohear your comments on newform research speakers. www.newformresearch.com

·
Registered
859 Posts
yeah.. i'd like to listen to PSBs as well. But the crappy thing is, here in Vancouver, A&B sound stopped carrying them. In favor of Energy. Because once the "Connoisseurs came out, people were altogether ignoring the Image series. Connoisseurs were both cheaper and sounded better." That's the quote the sales guy told me.

And now ONLY SONY STORES carry them and the people there ofcourse are the last guys to know anything about speakers. You can't audition to them anymore. You can only order them BLINDLY. It sucks. because PSBs' flagship would of been on my list for speakers to listen to when i was shopping for a pair of nice bookshelves.

Yeah.. man.. i'm missing out on a nice Canadian Speaker company.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm well i'm surprised no magazine or person on this forum has done a thorough review

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well, I'm sure they must sound better, since they cost more than twice the price of the former flagship Stratus Goldi, which I incidentally own. However I'm not too crazy about the looks. It doesn't look as classy as the Stratus series.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I own the goldis too, i'm not crazy about the new looks either, as you said the stratus line is much more classy....anyways i'm happy....i'm not gonna upgrade anytime soon

·
Registered
167 Posts
I own the goldis too, i'm not crazy about the new looks either, as you said the stratus line is much more classy....anyways i'm happy....i'm not gonna upgrade anytime soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.