AVS Forum banner

7421 - 7427 of 7427 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
BACK to the drawing board. XB's on stands.

Given the difficulties in finding a good solution for surround speakers to hang on the back wall, I decided to take another look at bookshelf's for my surround solution. If I move some furniture around I can fit the XB's on stands on either side of the MLP. AND I can do the wiring myself without the added cost of an installer.

Any recommendations for good, sturdy, stands that the XB's would fit on? I have a carpeted floor so I would assume that spikes would be a must for the added stability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any issues with psb t2 crossover? I have the 4" midrange driver barely moving on one speaker, and the other I can feel much more movement. Can hear a difference in volume.

I removed both drivers and measured 4ohm resistance. I swapped the drivers from one to another and the low movement/sound stayed with the same cabinet. So it looks like the driver is ok. Both tweeters seem equal in sound, so I'm a bit stumped.

Any idea what the crossover looks like for this speaker and where it is in the cabinet?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Opinion on CS AIC 860 Ceiling Speakers

Ok lets try this again. Received a recommendation from another installer about in-celling speakers. The 860's have an angled tweeter that can face the listening area or the back wall. Since my couch is right up against the back wall, he suggested I can use the 860's as surrounds but point them at the back wall so the surround effects bounce off the wall and back to the listening area.

Has anyone used the 860's or installed them and can comment?

·
Registered
85 Posts
PSB Imagine W1 ???

Ok. One more time. Does anyone have any information, has used the W1 as surround sound speakers? Would they be something worth considering for surrounds? Mount them vertically behind and on either side of a couch which is the MLP?

Still trying to get some useful information from you PSB users since I am a new owner. See things have gone quiet lately.

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
WOW! Things have gone quiet in this discussion. Guess I ask too many questions.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
WOW! Things have gone quiet in this discussion. Guess I ask too many questions.
I don't know anything about the in-wall line, and haven't used the AIC 860 so I can't really tell you much. These are more customer integrator (CI) products than things people here might buy directly. Unfortunately unless there's someone else here with experience with them, your best bet is probably to talk to your dealer.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Sorry juryman, I dont have any experience with the wall mounted PSB speakers like the W1. Maybe perform a search for information/reviews/etc on Google and see what you get.

7421 - 7427 of 7427 Posts