AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that comparisons are a bit frowned upon in these forums, but I'm trying to gather opinions on which set to use for my HT set up (as front speakers).

I currently have the PSB 400s installed, and really enjoy them. They are great for music in stereo mode. However, I also have a pair of Image 2Bs, one of which needs the woofer and tweeter replaced.

I'm curious as to opinions/experience of which may be the better (sounding) speaker. I must say I really do like the sound of PSBs.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Image 2B speakers are probably worth repairing, if PSB will supply the components at a reasonable price.

Technology does improve over time, however, and my inclination would be to get a pair of new Image B6 speakers, which will very likely sound better due to advances in materials technology and the continuing research PSB does to improve quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizwiz41  /t/1415623/psb-speakers-psb400-vs-image-2b#post_22131267

I realize that comparisons are a bit frowned upon in these forums, but I'm trying to gather opinions on which set to use for my HT set up (as front speakers).

I currently have the PSB 400s installed, and really enjoy them. They are great for music in stereo mode. However, I also have a pair of Image 2Bs, one of which needs the woofer and tweeter replaced.

I'm curious as to opinions/experience of which may be the better (sounding) speaker. I must say I really do like the sound of PSBs.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1415623/psb-speakers-psb400-vs-image-2b#post_22131588

I consider the 2B a step above the 400, I would try to repair it.

Thanks, this is the essence of my question. I am very happy with the 400s (I got them for a steal!), but it has been nagging at me whether to invest in the repair of the Image 2B. It seems it may be worthwhile pursuit as an upgrade.

Hopefully I can find the parts at a reasonable price!

Thanks again

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1415623/psb-speakers-psb400-vs-image-2b#post_22131472

The Image 2B speakers are probably worth repairing, if PSB will supply the components at a reasonable price.

Technology does improve over time, however, and my inclination would be to get a pair of new Image B6 speakers, which will very likely sound better due to advances in materials technology and the continuing research PSB does to improve quality.

Thanks, I'll try to take a look at the B6 line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts