AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard both these speakers? What are your thoughts. I would like to get a pair of mid size towers and pair them with a sub. Mainly for music and some movies. Room will be 14 feet by 18 feet and 9 feet ceiling.

Thank You

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
From Energy I have heard the RC-10, excellent bookshelf in the $450.00 range.

I own T45's, after auditioning speakers from Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, Vienna Acoustics, and Dali. They are no Vienna's or Dali, but also cost $1K less than those two. They gave Monitor Audio RS6 a run for the money, but considering the RS6 price is $1k/pair, and I bought T45 for $515.00/pair (black, you can get maple for $499.00), I have to say they are an excellent buy, and probably the best buy for around $500.00/pair.

I highly recommend T45, but audition both and compare, see what you think.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio /forum/post/12915946

From Energy I have heard the RC-10, excellent bookshelf in the $450.00 range.

I own T45's, after auditioning speakers from Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, Vienna Acoustics, and Dali. They are no Vienna's or Dali, but also cost $1K less than those two. They gave Monitor Audio RS6 a run for the money, but considering the RS6 price is $1k/pair, and I bought T45 for $515.00/pair (black, you can get maple for $499.00), I have to say they are an excellent buy, and probably the best buy for around $500.00/pair.

I highly recommend T45, but audition both and compare, see what you think.

Where can you get the black for $515.00?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by byhsu /forum/post/12921147

Where can you get the black for $515.00?

Thanks
www.saturdayaudio.com

Paid $1146.00, plus shipping, for a complete set of black T45/C40/B15. At the end they shipped B25 at the B15 price, as they had ran out of B15's and it would be 4 days for them to get their new shipment in. That is what I call service.

I WANT TO CORRECT THAT THE T45 IN BLK WERE $599.00, NOT $515.00.

The same set in maple would cost $947.00 + freight.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
byhsu -

Try https://dmc-electronics.com/Main.asp .

They are close to you (on Brookhurst in Garden Grove)

They have 'factory sealed' T45's for $499 (orT55's for $599) with "Minor Cosmetic Blemish".

It would certainly be worth looking at.

I liked the T45's as well, but loved and bought the Monitor Audio RS6.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a question that is slightly off-topic... can anyone give any insight into how the PSB T45/T55's and the Energy RC-10's sound in comparison to Klipsch RF-82's? I really love the sound of Klipsch, but I was wondering if there is a less expensive alternative.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra.hp /forum/post/12925931

I got a question that is slightly off-topic... can anyone give any insight into how the PSB T45/T55's and the Energy RC-10's sound in comparison to Klipsch RF-82's? I really love the sound of Klipsch, but I was wondering if there is a less expensive alternative.

First the RC-10 is bookshelf, comparable to PSB B25. The T45/55 are better sounding than the RC-10 as they benefit for larger cabinet, dual drivers, etc.

The RF is a floorstander like the T's. If you like Klipsch you need to audition this PSB's, as they have many of the good characteristics of the Klipsch, but leave out those extreme highs that can get tiresome after hearing Klipsch for a long time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes I'm aware this is an old thread. Its worth mentioning that I've had the T45's for 6 months, and only now are they broken in to the point that the bass has kicked in.

Picking up a used pair of these is HIGHLY recommended!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts