AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
so one of the biggest CRT resellers folds, hope all the bashers are happy now? Matt took the reins of a troubled company and tried to establish a good reputation here, but some people just wouldn't let the old issues with the previous owner die. The company kept getting dragged throug the mud, even though it was this hobby with the most to lose. I'm glad forum members have picked up most of the old stock, at least there is some continuation of the support from their warehouse. Folks, if we don't get rid of the the negtivity that sometimes invades this forum we will risk losing the remaining people who still bother with the trouble of supporting this technology.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
People still don't like the disposability of digitals, and that will never change. The overall longevity and servicabilty of CRT's still attract a lot of people.
Curt,

You mention the disposability of digitals an awful lot. Do you just mean the cheap digitals like the $5K and under or are you talking about all digitals? I would have a hard time believing that the Qualia or any of the other over $20k digitals are cheaply built or disposable.

Ericglo

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Well that's the question, isn't it?

:)

It will be interesting to see in a year or two as the QUalias come out of warranty whether they can be repaired by a guy like me, or if Sony takes, the 'proprietary information' route as INfocus does, and won't release service info.

"Yes we have stock of a power supply, it's $4000.00".

I find that of the $5K or under sets are completely disposable. Even the units that were >$10K back a few years ago have heat related PC board issues. Crap, crap crap.

:)

Curt

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.