AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Linky

Similar to their previous deals, but the money is credited sooner than before, and you can only get the credit once (no more stacking with multiple $60 splurges). Also, to answer common questions...

- Yes, spending a few cents short of $60 will still get you the $10 credit

- Yes, a pre-order purchase will count for this promotion (i.e. inFamous: Second Son)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have more than $60 in PSN credit right now Do you know if I use $60+ of it to pre-order a game (meaning, from existing credit, not new money added from a credit card) will I get the extra $10? If so that'd be sweet since most of that money is left over from the credits I got before PS4's launch and the $10 promo they did then.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will work fine. I only purchase PSN stuff by first adding money to my account via PayPal. Each time I've done this promo, I always got my credit.

I'll do the same this time to pre-order inFamous:SS.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone who may use this - READ THE FINE PRINT!

I bought $200 worth of games when PS4 launched and they had the get $10 every $50 spent. Well I was naive and thought the money would be credited to my account and I could use it whenever I wanted. That was not the case. Sony said they were supposed to have sent me an email with a code - I never received the email. When I called to try and get my $40, they told me I purchased the games after the promotion, even though on the PS4 purchase history said I was before the deadline. When I spoke to a manager he said the other person was looking at Greenwich meantime and not pacific time and that I did indeed purchase during the promotion. Unfortunately they wouldn't credit my account.

Ultimately I acknowledge it was my fault but their customer service was kind of lame. I never received the email and I didn't get my credit. Make sure you follow up with them if you don't see your email or credit. This was all after I asked to cancel my pre-order and found out all sales are final on PSN (again I didn't read the fine print). That was the last time I pay for anything on PSN...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I don't think I ever got a code from that promotion, they simply deposited the money into my Sony wallet. Did you purchase at the very last minute of the promotion? I think I made my purchases the second day after it started.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear about the problems. For me, I've gotten a Sony message in my system's in-box (not an off-system e-mail), and by clicking it, it sent the credit to my account.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I am really thinking about ordering infamous and getting the $10 credit back for it, but I didn't really enjoy the first two. I thought they were mediocre and would hate to spend $50 on it and still not like it. Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
If you found the first two mediocre, your decision just became easier. Either grab a physical copy and resell it/trade it in later or simply skip it. It's doubtful that Second Son will change anyone's mind if they didn't like the first two.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad  /t/1522148/psn-deal-spend-60-by-march-18-get-10-credit-by-march-24#post_24478734

If you found the first two mediocre, your decision just became easier. Either grab a physical copy and resell it/trade it in later or simply skip it. It's doubtful that Second Son will change anyone's mind if they didn't like the first two.
I am thinking I will just grab the physical copy. Every time I see game play footage, it looks like it could be fun, so if I go physical then my risk is cut down substantially. If I don't like it, I can just sell it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Gameplay-wise, it looks pretty much the same as the previous games, so I wouldn't expect it to wow you if it didn't before.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad  /t/1522148/psn-deal-spend-60-by-march-18-get-10-credit-by-march-24#post_24477658

I don't think I ever got a code from that promotion, they simply deposited the money into my Sony wallet. Did you purchase at the very last minute of the promotion? I think I made my purchases the second day after it started.

Yes, it was the last day of the promo when I decided to purchase the items. I never received anything on my PS3 or PS4 and no email. It was my fault for not following up, just annoying that it didn't automatically go to my account. Then it was annoying when they said they weren't going to do anything about it. Bummed but I learned my lesson to avoid PSN.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I was planning on buying the disc version for InFamous, but then all the retailers in Canada jacked up the price of current gen titles to $70. I thought fine -- I'll buy it on PSN then. Unfortunately PSN has raised the price to $70 too. I wouldn't have been able to pass up a $20 price differential (including the credit), but $10 extra is worth having the physical copy to me. Publishers better be packing in a lot of good DLC for upcoming pre orders though, because I have a real problem paying $70 a game every time our dollar goes a little south (when the dollar rebounds, prices usually takes forever to go back down). I know almost everything is more expensive in Canada than it is in the USA, but I'm used to paying the same prices for video games. Who knows... if Canadians accept this as the norm, maybe US prices will follow. If there wasn't such slim pickings for PS4 titles, I would just wait for a price reduction. I know -- gaming is an expensive hobby, but it's the principle.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*** The $10 credit codes are being sent right now. ***

Check your PSN mailbox on your Vita/PS3/PS4 to get the linked message, then click on the attachment to redeem. If you do not redeem the code and put the money in your PSN wallet by Monday, March 31st, it will no longer work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts