AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not bad, I still like Playfire's Portable IDs better (click my PSN ID) but it's a step in the right direction.

I like how you can add people who aren't on your friends list to compare trophies to also.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...ophies-online/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceab...deos/494/0.957

Quote:
You asked for it and later this week we’re delivering on it. We are making significant enhancements to the way you view your trophies online. Check out the walk-thru video so you can see these updates first hand.

Here’s what you’ll be able to do:

* View detailed info on your trophies on PlayStation.com

* Compare your trophies with multiple friends and other PSN ID’s

* Compare details on trophies within each game

* Track your progress to the next level against friends

* See what trophies you have and what you still need to unlock for each game

* Use the sorting features to plan your game domination

In addition, the portable ID has been enhanced with trophy data so you’ll also be able to take your portable ID with you to official game sites, social networks and other third party sites making it easier to show off your trophies and gamer status with friends online. Your PlayStation Network Portable ID will link directly to your public trophy page on us.PlayStation.com.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Comparing your progress in a game to the rest of your friends on your list really should be in the XMB. I like the web features they are rolling out though.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
Playfire does UK ones, but that was before SCEE made SONY ones available.

As of right now, the only US supported trophy card (that I know) is http://ps3trophycard.com/

Pretty good, and I like their options for different banners. Unless Sony makes their look super spiffy, or allows customization, I'll most likely stick with them. They will also auto pdate 2x a week if you sign up for their sister social networking site which is still in it's infancy.

Here's a few examples:

·
Registered
410 Posts
how does this new psn portable id work? when i sign in on the playstation site it says 'select portable id'. but when i select then copy/paste it into a thread or email it just pastes a link to my account settings page. what am i missing? or how does html work?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymunky123 /forum/post/16993936

how does this new psn portable id work? when i sign in on the playstation site it says 'select portable id'. but when i select then copy/paste it into a thread or email it just pastes a link to my account settings page. what am i missing? or how does html work?

the new version isn't out yet.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
new cards are up now. it doesn't look like this auto-updates though ... you have to click the refresh button after you get new trophies.

I think I still like the ones from ps3trophycard.com better, especially since they auto-update twice a week, but the comparison features on the official Sony card are nice.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/16996795

new cards are up now. it doesn't look like this auto-updates though ... you have to click the refresh button after you get new trophies.

I think I still like the ones from ps3trophycard.com better, especially since they auto-update twice a week, but the comparison features on the official Sony card are nice.

Can't check it out at work unfortunately. We should go spam Matt @ PS3T.org and see if he can come up with something similar.

·
Registered
410 Posts
what am i missing when it comes to using this portable id? i tried copying & pasting it into an email & it just pastes the link exactly the way it looked when i copied it. how do i get the picture to display as opposed to just the wordy link.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.