AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Conflict Denied Ops wasn't just a rumor.

Here's he list:

Conflict: Denied Ops Demo

Folklore Add-on 5

Folklore Add-on 6

Go!Sports Skydiving Game Trailer

BF:BC Haggard's Blog Video

Rock Band Add-ons:

Silva-Smashing Pumpkins

Ten Speed-Cover from Coheed and Cambria

Working Man- cover from Rush

Pixel Junk Monsters Theme 2 and wallpaper

Prince Caspian -Movie trailer

Prom Night Movie-trailer

Daddy Day Camp-BR trailer

Across The Universe-BR trailer

downloading Denied Ops as I type

JSLM

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. Look okay, just started playing it though. I keep wanting to press L3

to sprint though! Also, it looks like it's about 30fps. Looks way better than Turok IMO.

JSLM

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
The Denied Ops demo has co-op and is definitely a co-op oriented game, so for those who have been bitching about no co-op PS3 FPS online games, here's one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Conflict is broke. Looks like it might fall in between Turning Point and Frontlines in terns of suckiness, with turning point possibly being the worst game i've played on either system. I wish these devs would get off the shooter bandwagon and put their resources into making something new or original.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
There are new and original games, unfortunately they just haven't filtered down to the PS3 yet- give it time. Personally I haven't purchased a retail game for almost a year now, only PSN games- that's saying something right there.

Ironically the best co-op game on the PS3 is Burnout: Paradise, which is a racing game. That will probably be my next game. Either that, Hot Shots Golf 5 (really looking forward to that), or Wipeout HD- whichever comes first.

What the PS3 is in desperate need of is some RPGs. Funny how there are none- it would help its popularity in Japan immensely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
god Sony is strange, they post a trailer for Across the Universe (a musical), with really freaking tinny audio, lol

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/12994671

What the PS3 is in desperate need of is some RPGs. Funny how there are none- it would help its popularity in Japan immensely.

Disgaea 3 came out today, which is pretty popular (I think?). The two system sellers in Japan and here, FF13 and White Knight Story, were delayed, of course.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masou /forum/post/12994711

god Sony is strange, they post a trailer for Across the Universe (a musical), with really freaking tinny audio, lol

i'm not aware of any of the trailers they've posted on psn (or anywhere else for that matter) having any sort of high quality audio. file sizes would be too high...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/12994671

Can't complain about the amount of DLC for Folklore though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Conflict: Denied Ops demo is awful. Controls and graphics were brutal, I played it for about 3 minutes and deleted it.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/12994955

Disgaea 3 came out today, which is pretty popular (I think?). The two system sellers in Japan and here, FF13 and White Knight Story, were delayed, of course.

That's one anyways. I doubt Folklore and Oblivion are the kind of RPGs that the Japanese market is interested in.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/12996260

That's one anyways. I doubt Folklore and Oblivion are the kind of RPGs that the Japanese market is interested in.

not enough cheesy dialogue and boring ass turn based combat.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
Regardless, when it comes to VGs the Japenese market is huge and the PS3 is hardly making a dent. Sony really needs to start making more RPGs- it would be nice to get some of them over here too. At least we're getting White Knight Story (whenever it comes out).

·
Registered
576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghaus /forum/post/12996004

The Conflict: Denied Ops demo is awful. Controls and graphics were brutal, I played it for about 3 minutes and deleted it.

the game is pretty bad

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
agreed, Denied is crap. Games like The Orange Box, COD4, Uncharted, R&C, etc. have shown us what the PS3 can really do. For publishers to keep pumping out these kind of games and expect us to pay $60 borders on insulting.

JSLM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts