AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day this week for E3, Sony says they will update the PSN with new content. I'll update this each day to show what they release.

Quote:
Tuesday:

Downloadable Content
  • Super Stardust HD Team Mode Add-on ($4.99)

Videos
  • God of War III
  • Killzone 2
  • MotorStorm Pacific Rift
  • Xam'd Lost Memories
  • Buzz PSP
  • Resistance: Retribution (PSP)
  • Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Siren Blood Curse
  • PAIN Amusement Park
  • Gran Turismo TV
  • MKU vs DCU
  • Blitz The League II
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Resident Evil 5
  • This is Vegas
  • TNA Impact! Wrestling
Quote:
Wednesday:

Downloadable Games
  • Fantasy Football: Draft Day Application

Videos
  • SONY E3 Press Conference (Part 1 of 3)
  • PS3 Compilation Video
  • PSN :30 Second Sizzle
  • PSN Sizzle Video
  • PlayStation Family Video
  • PS3 Sizzle Video
  • DC Universe Trailer
  • Mirror’s Edge E3 Trailer
  • Dead Spece E3 Network Trailer
  • Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa E3 Trailer
  • Valhalla Knights 2 E3 Trailer

Themes and Wallpapers
  • Resistance 2 PS3 Theme
  • LittleBigPlanet PS3 Theme
  • PixelJunk Eden Wallpaper
  • MotorStorm Pacific Rift Wallpapers
  • Siren Wallpapers (x4)
  • Resistance: Retribution PSP Wallpapers

Quote:
Thursday:

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP
  • Rayman ($5.99)

In the world of Rayman, people live in peace and harmony with nature, and the Great Protoon maintains the balance of the universe. One fateful day, Mr. Dark steals the Great Protoon and defeats Betilla the Fairy, plunging the whole world into darkness. It’s up to Rayman to defeat Mr. Dark and restore balance to the universe in this classic platforming game.

ESRB Rated E

File size: 97 MB

Downloadable Games
  • Elefunk - Free Demo, or Purchase ($4.99)

Use your construction skills to save elephants from a dangerous fall! In the new puzzle game Elefunk, your elephants must traverse 20 levels of ravines, rivers, fire pits and swamps – and they’ll only get across if you strengthen the structures correctly with metal, wood and rope. It’s real construction with realistic physics and three different game modes: Time Attack, Puzzle, and Deconstruction. Get building today!

Game Demos (Free)
  • NARUTO:

Ultimate Ninja Storm Playable Demo

Experience the stunning Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm demo! Duel against your friends or test your ninja skills against CPU controlled opponents! Engage in ninja battle like never before!

Game Videos (Free)
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution Behind the Scenes Trailer

An exclusive Behind the Scenes look at the making of Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution from the development team at Firaxis Games. Featuring studio walkaround, in depth interviews with Sid Meier and the team, and creative insight into the game’s evolution.

PS3 Themes (free)
  • Elefunk Theme

E3 Videos and Trailers
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 2
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 3
  • PURE Trailer
  • Project Origin Trailer
  • Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists of Plastic Trailer
  • Brother in Arms: Hell’s Highway Tank Mayhem Trailer
  • Prince of Persia Trailer
  • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames E3 Trailer

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)
  • Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Trailer

The war against the Bugs continue! A Federation starship crash-lands on the distant alien planet OM-1, stranding beloved leader Sky Marshal Anoke and several others, including comely but tough pilot Lola Beck. It’s up to Colonel Johnny Rico, reluctant hero of the original Bug Invasion on Planet P, to lead a team of Troopers on a daring rescue mission.

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
HOLY! I just looked at it.

There is a crapload of stuff there. I am struggling to keep up with all these new announcements of video downloads, etc. A bit overwhelming things are right now. Anyone who is bored and says there isn't anything good is....

Thanks again for the time taken Joe.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Killzone trailer was ok...pretty good. I actually thought the motorstorm trailer was awesome! Game looks fun as heck assuming there are more modes. Resistance 2 looked fun but graphically a bit unimpressive. Ratchet expansion looks fun as well. Good to see lots of stuff going up, and all of it was downloading smoothly.

·
Registered
18,842 Posts
Really impressed by the Fallout 3 preview- I honestly didn't expect to see any gameplay, and what I saw looked amazing.

I was also blown away by the Xam'd video. Great stuff, but does anyone know exactly what type of game this is supposed to be?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I agree Davio, R2's graphics were not impressive.

But K2, Motorstorm 2, and Fallout 3 look awesome.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/14298597

I was also blown away by the Xam'd video. Great stuff, but does anyone know exactly what type of game this is supposed to be?

Xam'd isn't a game. It's a series available for download from the PSN.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fallout 3 should be great, hopefully they put some more polish on Resistance 2--gameplay looks great, gfx seem a little lacking, but I have confidence in Insomniac--and KZ2 looks awesome. Add RE5 to my wishlist as well.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's funny because I may be one of the few who watched the Fallout 3 demonstrations and was completely underwhelmed. I have no idea now why the game play looked fun, but I am clearly in the extreme minority.

I mean the open world setup is nice and all, but the way the enemies move seems...off, and how you shoot them (with the targeted system) seems almost turn based. I know it isn't supposed to be an all out action fest like Resistance 2, but not having played FO or FO2 this wasn't what I expected.

Maybe some later stuff will change my mind.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14302552

It's funny because I may be one of the few who watched the Fallout 3 demonstrations and was completely underwhelmed. I have no idea now why the game play looked fun, but I am clearly in the extreme minority.

I mean the open world setup is nice and all, but the way the enemies move seems...off, and how you shoot them (with the targeted system) seems almost turn based. I know it isn't supposed to be an all out action fest like Resistance 2, but not having played FO or FO2 this wasn't what I expected.

I'm with you in that minority... Didn't excite me at all!

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you can do the combat in Fallout in more of a shooter manner. This is one of the options they had talked about.

However, for people that want an RPG feel, this was their way of creating a turned based combat system which is more in line with expectations from those games.

·
Registered
18,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/14300473

Xam'd isn't a game. It's a series available for download from the PSN.

I picked up on that once the service went up, and it's incredibly overpriced considering it's just a rental. All-told it will be $80 for something you don't even own. Why bother?

I'm into anime, and HD anime would be cool, but I'd rather just put the $80 towards owning something on BD rather than renting.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:

You can play as a full blow 3rd person shooter. The targeting system seems more for the older RPG fans, although I don't know if it's even turn based.

If anything, it seems to allow for targeting body parts and creating cinematic, gruesome kills.

Looks like they need to beef up the AI a bit to make it more interesting, but visually it's up there. Then again, it was being demo'd, so the AI might be nuked like MGS4's was for it's demo.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/14303101

Looks like they need to beef up the AI a bit to make it more interesting, but visually it's up there. Then again, it was being demo'd, so the AI might be nuked like MGS4's was for it's demo.

Some parts of the visuals looked ok but a lot of the enemies looked horrible to me. The "savage" with the mohawk?

The targeting looks like it would ruin the game and let me do nothing but basically snipe from across the map at people. I never saw a bunch of people on screen at the same time. It left me underimpressed, but I wasnt expecting much. Seems like theres a lot of games this gen that get alot of money poured into them that are going to suck.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopet /forum/post/14298627

I agree Davio, R2's graphics were not impressive.

But K2, Motorstorm 2, and Fallout 3 look awesome.

you're right; the new motorstorm trailer is sick.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm interested in this game, if only because I liked Fallout 2.

The gameplay will seem a bit weird...it's not really turn based, but more like you can pause the game target specific body parts.

Not really like Fallout 2 at all. That one was a point and move game that you can turn on the turn-based action as a default, and target specific body parts. Otherwise, it's like, I don't know, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I haven't watched too much of the gameplay, but it seems like it's a modern Oblivion with guns after the Apocalypse. Or, to condense that into one word, awesome.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I'm excited for the new Fallout with some reservations.

I really like the post-apocalyptic setting. I like the world they've created. I like the twisted humor.

However, currently, the combat looks too much like Mass Effect. Didn't like the shooting mechanics in that game, and I'm not yet sold on them in FO3. In particular, I don't like that if you choose the turn-based approach, you have to watch a short cutscene of your bullet. That could get old really fast.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New videos and stuff added today (updated in first post).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts