AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
There's a lot of racket going on that this U.S. update is buggier than the Japanese update, but then again I'm getting my information from the official Sony PSP board, which has about the lowest average age of any message board on the entire internet.

Any opinions from users here? You guys are much more insightful on this than any other info I've come across.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am trying to update mine now unfortunately the battery has to be fully charged even though it's plugged in to update but I do have the update on the PSP now. :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the Japanese ver.2.00 on my US PSP and I haven't had any problems except the "not enough memory" to display web pages( it uses internal memory not your memory card to cache). I tried earlier to up date to the US update but it wouldn't work. Also the PSP home page is pretty cool. I downloaded a few Burnout: Revenge wallpapers.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin
Why does your battery have to be full to update??
At least 2 bars and or plugged in to the power cord.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow th e browser works pretty well. The input kinda bites. Is there an easy way to load a bunch of domain names in?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm gonna take an uneducated guess here on why the power has to be full. I'm assuming that any power shutdown while the update is installing will cripple the PSP software, making it a very expensive paperweight.

Again, however, just a guess.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
once you get 2.O this site works very well in mobile mode

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I like this update, the wallpaper function is cool, themes, also you can adjust the way web pages show up (u can make them fit) or have them load normal.

The input of (.com,.net) and so forth is cool and you can always bookmark your pages.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Damn dean get a new camera.. But about the update, you don't need the net on this thing. I tried it and can't stand it. Try to go to ESPN and see what happens.. I'll keep my fast PC for the net but the only good thing about the update was the new backgrounds you can use....

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Damn dean get a new camera.. But about the update, you don't need the net on this thing. I tried it and can't stand it. Try to go to ESPN and see what happens.. I'll keep my fast PC for the net but the only good thing about the update was the new backgrounds you can use....
Actually my camera is brand new & pretty darn good, it's a Kodak DX7630 6.1 MP. I was just in a hurry and had to turn off the flash so the screen would illuminate.

The pics from my gallery were taken in a dark basement and aren't too bad. Blame the photographer.
http://www.ecrater.com/1319/42ad01031e3bd_1319n.jpg

I have to actually update my basement/theater pics as I upgraded my Hot tub and I have a TV behind my screen now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin
Wow th e browser works pretty well. The input kinda bites. Is there an easy way to load a bunch of domain names in?
I emailed my bookmarks to myself to gmail. Gmail on the PSP isn't bad, just hit view and click on each one one the list an add to your bookmarks. Also if you have a email from a post (avs) you can just click on the link for mobile view, it loads alot faster.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I tried Yahoo Mail, a message said that I could switch to an older version of Yahoo Mail that supported my browser. When I selected that link, I was able to get into my Inbox.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
hey guys, posting this from my psp as well. very nice, i wish the analog control stick would scroll the page down though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.