AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I thought the downloads were good for 3 PSP's (or something like that) if they are paired to an account?

·
Registered
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies /forum/post/16982610

Nope, I've tried everything. You can't even play a downloaded game on a different memory card. Its lame. The PSNid and usernames of both systems have to match perfectly.

Same experience here. Isn't it nice to find this out after your kid's got 6-7 months of saved stuff in his PSP, in his own account's name?

It's not quite what ya said- the PSP account needs to match the master account on the PS3. It didn't help any that the one stupid CSR I've encountered in my history w/Sony was the one that tried to 'help' fix the problem. She literally did not understand our frustration, which was pretty much infuriating. I asked for the download to be deactivated (meaning refund our money) and she flat-out refused to do so.

Sony really dropped the ball here.

If you ask me, they're giving a disincentive to buy PSP games on the PSN.

If you've other experiences, let me know.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one PSP that is linked to my PS3. I've purchased several download games for it. In addtion to this, I have two unopened PSP's that I bought for my kids christmas gifts. Since they have not even been turned on yet, would it be possible to link them to the PS3 and have them play the same downloaded games?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
PSN Store lets you buy PSP games. I don't even have a PS3 and buy them and download them to my PSP from my computer.

-Evangelo2

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler /forum/post/16989668

I have one PSP that is linked to my PS3. I've purchased several download games for it. In addtion to this, I have two unopened PSP's that I bought for my kids christmas gifts. Since they have not even been turned on yet, would it be possible to link them to the PS3 and have them play the same downloaded games?

Pretty sure its only one PSP per PS3 account... which is really annoying since I have one and my wife has the other, except she got hers first so her ps3 account is the master one and mine which I use more often is the non master... its stupid!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The PS1 titles I bought from my Hong Kong PSN account does not work when my PSP is bind to my Canada/US PSN account. I can't download games I legally bought from both accounts onto my PSP. Very frustrating
The same games work on my PS3 no matter which PSN account I have switched to... go figure
I don't understand why they can't do the same on PSP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased 2 new psps for my sons last christmas that had vouchers for beats and echochrome. I downloaded these to my master account on my ps3 and all three of us can play these games on our own psps.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames /forum/post/16998056

I don't know why people can't get it to work, but you get multiple activations. You can install it to multiple PSP's just fine.

I think they are trying to game share with friends (á la PS3). Since the PSP doesn't support multiple user accounts, they're out of luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.