AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the interest of my PSUPD203 (Version 2) linear PSU for the OPPO-203, from Clones Audio.

Never used, never installed, brand new, feeds the analogue and digital circuitry, pre-assembled.
Improves all aspects of playback, the most important modification of your universal player.

Plug & play, just disconnect and connect cables, and you're set, screwdriver only.
https://www.clonesaudio.com/copy-of-accessories

Shipped with an enthusiast's care.
PM/DM if you're interested, I'll respond ASAP.

Price: $399USD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh *hit, my fault, completely forgot, I take it you'll pass?

Long time since I bought it, forgot there was an option to choose between 120VAC and 230VAC.
Sorry man, maybe you're able to modify it?

I could contact Clones Audio and see what's required to convert it to 120VAC.
I think it's only a matter of turning/replacing a couple of resistors, should be easy if you can solder.

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you can post or send a picture, I can tell you. The version on the link you provided seems to have jumpers to switch. Clones audio made multiple versions. I don’t know if they are all like this.

Do you have the deluxe or standard version?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you can post or send a picture, I can tell you. The version on the link you provided seems to have jumpers to switch. Clones audio made multiple versions. I don’t know if they are all like this.

Do you have the deluxe or standard version?
Right, I think I may have answers to all your questions.
Clones Audio made three versions, Version 1, Version 2A, Version 2B, see below.

Version 1: asd1 — Postimages
Version 2A: asd2 — Postimages
Version 2B: asd3 — Postimages

Version 1 didn't have that great of a transformer, and was quickly replaced with Version 2A.
Version 2A had a better toroidal, but the ATX power connectors were bad, 'Green' and 'Yellow' arrows.
Version 2A also shows the jumpers you're talking about, you'll see those marked with 'Red'.
Version 2B further improved by soldering the cables from the toroidal, less noise was acquired.
Version 2B also had some bad capacitors replaced, a different fuse box, and a longer earth lead.

It's Version 2B that I have, for sure, I know I said (Version 2) in the advert, a bit misleading if I may.

While I have you on, I must however ask for your patience.
The sole purpose of this listing was to look for interest at first, then decide how to continue further on.
The Oppo is still very close to my heart, and nothing I would ever sell or replace.
The linear power supply is a vital key to upgrading it, so I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

I need to contact a reseller which offers a similar upgrade, an upgrade which I want instead.
I don't need the analogue circuitry from Clones Audio's power supply. I'm all digital, so a power supply which doesn't include that circuit is an improvement for my system, less noise.

I haven't managed to contact the reseller yet, I will phone him Monday morning if that's OK with you?

Oh, also, Deluxe was never an option for the 203, there was only one version to choose from.
It's the 205 that have the Deluxe option, not to be confused.

Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Right, I think I may have answers to all your questions.
Clones Audio made three versions, Version 1, Version 2A, Version 2B, see below.

Version 1: asd1 — Postimages
Version 2A: asd2 — Postimages
Version 2B: asd3 — Postimages

Version 1 didn't have that great of a transformer, and was quickly replaced with Version 2A.
Version 2A had a better toroidal, but the ATX power connectors were bad, 'Green' and 'Yellow' arrows.
Version 2A also shows the jumpers you're talking about, you'll see those marked with 'Red'.
Version 2B further improved by soldering the cables from the toroidal, less noise was acquired.
Version 2B also had some bad capacitors replaced, a different fuse box, and a longer earth lead.

It's Version 2B that I have, for sure, I know I said (Version 2) in the advert, a bit misleading if I may.

While I have you on, I must however ask for your patience.
The sole purpose of this listing was to look for interest at first, then decide how to continue further on.
The Oppo is still very close to my heart, and nothing I would ever sell or replace.
The linear power supply is a vital key to upgrading it, so I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

I need to contact a reseller which offers a similar upgrade, an upgrade which I want instead.
I don't need the analogue circuitry from Clones Audio's power supply. I'm all digital, so a power supply which doesn't include that circuit is an improvement for my system, less noise.

I haven't managed to contact the reseller yet, I will phone him Monday morning if that's OK with you?

Oh, also, Deluxe was never an option for the 203, there was only one version to choose from.
It's the 205 that have the Deluxe option, not to be confused.

Thanks for your interest!

I understand. No worries and no rush. Let me know what you decide.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand. No worries and no rush. Let me know what you decide.
Sorry for the delayed response.

I managed to get hold of my reseller, and we may proceed with our deal, are you still interested?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response.

I managed to get hold of my reseller, and we may proceed with our deal, are you still interested?
Yes please pm me with the details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts