AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently disconnected my Polk Audio PSW 505 subwoofer so I can move it a couple of feet. When I reconnected it, it does not seem to work as I don't hear it. It is set on "AUTO" and the green light is on but NO sound. I would like to add, it was working just fine until I disconnected it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

·
Registered
14,595 Posts
I got a call from one of my locations stating the juke box had no bass. I asked them to check to see if the green light was on the psw505, they confirmed it was. So I brought the sub back to my shop and inspected the components...the amplifier looked fine, but I found the leads to the drivers voice coil were loose. So I re-soldered them and put the sub back together and it works flawless. However I went ahead and called Polk and they sent me a replacement driver just in case.

This may or not be your issue, but I thought it was worth sharing. Fwiw normally if the green light is on the amp, then the amp is fine. Sounds like a connection issue somewhere.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81  /t/1519939/psw-505-subwoofer-does-not-work#post_24411252

I got a call from one of my locations stating the juke box had no bass. I asked them to check to see if the green light was on the psw505, they confirmed it was. So I brought the sub back to my shop and inspected the components...the amplifier looked fine, but I found the leads to the drivers voice coil were loose. So I re-soldered them and put the sub back together and it works flawless. However I went ahead and called Polk and they sent me a replacement driver just in case.

This may or not be your issue, but I thought it was worth sharing. Fwiw normally if the green light is on the amp, then the amp is fine. Sounds like a connection issue somewhere.

+1

I've heard of other people moving their subs and then having that specific problem. Driver leads coming loose is so common that Outlaw Audio even puts checking that in the troubleshooting section of their user manual for their subs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts