AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday I purchased a PT-42PD3-P, it arrived at the Fed EX yard on Friday afternoon. I got up this morning (Saturday) and decided to go pick it up. When I got there, it was inside a bigger box, so I inspected the box before taking delivery. When we opened the box, inside there were two boxes, one with the tv and one with the stand. No problem, then when I looked at the tv box instead of seeing PT-42PD3-P I saw TH-42PWD5UZ and started to panic. I was wanting th PT-42PD3-P because it had a stand, RCA connections, and the one year in home warranty. I debated about taking delivery because I felt like I had received the wrong unit. I went ahead and took deliver and was going to raise hell with the seller when they open on Monday. I got the box home and started reading the manual, the unit in the box had RCA type connections and there was a sticker on the back that said this was a consumer unit and any commercial use would void the warranty. Then is when I noticed that the last letter on my unit was a Z and the last number on a commercial unit was a Y. For anyone that has purchased the PT-42PD3-P what was the model number on your tv. Right now I feel like I got what I ordered.

Harleyman1340

So far the pic is fantastic on this unit.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Harleyman1340,

"So far the pic is fantastic on this unit."

I think you already answered your own question.

Enjoy that new machine and honestly I think your good to go.

Happy Plasma-ing!

Dave

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There should be a warranty card packed with the unit which tells if it has carry-in or in-home service. If it says "in-home," and you received the stand and have verified the RCA-type connectors, then you don't have much to worry about.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Harleyman1340
On Tuesday I purchased a PT-42PD3-P, it arrived at the Fed EX yard on Friday afternoon. I got up this morning (Saturday) and decided to go pick it up. When I got there, it was inside a bigger box, so I inspected the box before taking delivery. When we opened the box, inside there were two boxes, one with the tv and one with the stand. No problem, then when I looked at the tv box instead of seeing PT-42PD3-P I saw TH-42PWD5UZ and started to panic. I was wanting th PT-42PD3-P because it had a stand,
You should read the FAQ (which I still think should be made sticky). PT-42PD3-P is a package which consists of a TH-42PWD5UZ and a stand. If you were expecting a stand, and got a stand, what's the problem? Didn't the outer box say "PT-42PD3-P".

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had not seen the thread. That thread thourghly answered my question. I had a problem in that there was nothing in the package I received that indicated it was a PT-42PD3-P. I received the tabletop stand also.

Harleyman1340

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had not seen the thread. That thread thourghly answered my question. I had a problem in that there was nothing in the package I received that indicated it was a PT-42PD3-P. I received the tabletop stand also.

Harleyman1340

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Harleyman1340, Unfortunately the Plasma FAQ's link is broken. But here's a copy from the Panasonic Model Chart.

42" ED ( 852 x 480 )

YEAR ___ INDUSTRIAL______ CONSUMER _______ RETAIL _PACKAGE____________________

2000 ..... TH-42PWD3Uy .......... TH-42PW3Uz ........... PT-42PD2-P (TH-42PW3U Display + TY-ST42PT3-K Stand)
2001 ..... TH-42PWD4UY ........ TH-42PW4UZ ......... PT-42PD3-P (TH-42PW4UZ Display + TY-ST42PT3-K Stand)
2002 ..... TH-42PWD5UY ........ TH-42PW5UZ ......... PT-42PD3-P (TH-42PW5UZ Display + TY-ST05-K Stand)

*Panasonic is reusing PT-42PD3-P # for the new 2002 retail package

UY Models = BNC Type Connectors

UZ Models = RCA Connectors

Quote:
I had a problem in that there was nothing in the package I received that indicated it was a PT-42PD3-P. I received the tabletop stand also.
The retail package has a PT-42PD3-P written on the outer box and should look like this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...227&fullpage=1

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I hate to tell people what they actually saw..........but either your eyes or fingers decieve you.......

Look closely at the 'spelling' in Glauco's post above......

There is no letter 'D' in the actual display model number that comes in the consumer package.

TH-42PW5UZ ------not TH-42PWD5UZ (D as in inDustrial)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I truly believe I got what I ordered. I'm tend to be a little skeptical (I didn't have issues with paying for the unit, if there were problems I would let my cc company deal with that issue. I just want to make sure I get what I pay for) and things just didn't look right when I first saw the packaging(there wasn't even a packing slip). Based on Glauco's link to a pic, my unit did not come in a box like that, it was a big brown box strapped to a pallet and when I opened it up there were two boxes packed inside, one for the plasma and one for the stand, these were in the factory boxes. I 99% sure the box with the stand had HAD NOT been opened, however I 99% sure the box with the plasma HAD been opened. I have verified the contents of both boxes, everything that should have been there was and there are no dead pixels on the unit so everything is ok. Brucer is also correct, the unit I have does not have a "D" in the model number, my bad. The only issue I have now is that I don't have any kind of receipt that shows what I bought, only a charge on my cc from the company I purchased it from(with no description) and a shipping receipt (again no description). However I did copy the web page showing the unit and purchase price and the date that I printed the web page, I can match this up with the cc receipt. However the vendor on the cc charge doesn't match the vendor on the web page. Nothing is ever easy for me.

Harleyman1340

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.