AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. After looking at how to get into the service menu on the PT-40LC12, I've figured how to get into the SM for the 50LC13.

Here is how: With the "TV" on hold the Volume Down button on the front panel while holding "Recall" on the remote for about 5 seconds. This will get you into the "work mode" screen.

Now while holding down the font panel Vol down button, hold down the "Move" button on the remote (bottom row 3rd button). This gets you into the good stuff. Use the ch up and down selector to move and select the mode (eg. Video Adj). There are 6 pages of adjustments for video.

Ok, now can someone tweak this set to get the red down to a reasonable level?

-greg-

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hoyalawya
Should we all chip in to hire umr to do a clibration/tweaking on somebody's set? This has been briefly discussed on another thread.
O.K. lets try yours first. ;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Quote:
O.K. lets try yours first.
UMR lives in Sugar Land, Texas (based on his signature). Therefore, that "someone" has to live around that area. I would volunteer my set in a heartbeat if I live in Texas.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hoyalawya
UMR lives in Sugar Land, Texas (based on his signature). Therefore, that "someone" has to live around that area. I would volunteer my set in a heartbeat if I live in Texas.
I was joking, as in you could be the guinea pig. I honestly didn't think you would drive over there in the morning.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised that no one in the Sugarland or surrounding Houston area hasn't jumped on this.

If I lived there and had a Panny, I'd jump all over this opportunity. Umr has done a lot of tweaks to his GW2, and most of the GW2 guys on this forum are much happier as a result.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by umr
I'm a little surprised too. I even have a spare CC20R filter I might tryout as well.
It's time to fire up my $3.00 donation idea. All we need is 2,500 donors or so! :D

To be fair we would have to start a Hitachi fund too. Maybe even a GWIII fund.

UMR how big is your house? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hey UMR, I offered to let you tweak my Texas set weeks ago...while it still worked. I admit it would be a bit of a road trip for ya but I could pitch in some petrol money. I could make it worth your while. I wouldn't necessarily give you my wife but I think my EX is still available.

Can anyone tell I have no TV to watch?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, if I can get one of the local retailers to pricematch down to $2100, I'll offer up mine. Although, I'm getting a little scared--I've heard two reports of dead panny's now. One on this board and the floor model at a local BB.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
What are two dead pannys among friends? You would have a hard time finding them under all the other dead sets of every type and description.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FWIW.... with the purchase of my set comes an in-home calibration by an ISF-certified technician (so I was told). Got the set last week and he is supposed to be calling to set up an appointment next week. So if no one gets to it by then, I'll post how things go.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ein
Who are the first 2 victims?
I refered in jest to the post above mine. ;)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ein
Who are the first 2 victims?
One of the victims would be me! Geeze, have you not read my Panny Died Thread? I did think I would get more love than was thrown out. I think Mufusik snuck into my house and did something to my set btw before he came in and started dissin LCD's.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JGStenos
I'm in Dallas. Do you ever get up this way?
Hey, quit poachin on my Tweaker. I offered him my ex-wife. Whatchu gonna do for him?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.