Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I didnt see this issue addressed in other posts, so here goes:

I just bought a PT-50LC14 and hooked up my PC to via the VGA port. I have an ATI X700 and up to date drivers. It is my understanding that 1280x720 is the native resolution of this TV. However, when I configure the video card for 1280x720 I get a blank blue screen on the TV with "signal" written in red. It accepts all kinds of other resolutions both higher and lower, but of course they look a bit fuzzy. I tried various refresh rates, but no luck.

Anybody else have this problem? My goal here is just to create the sharpest possible image so I can read text comfortably. As I understand, using native resolution is a good way to do that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is ironic, huh? Preciisely the res you need is precisely the one that doesn't work. I tried all the ports on my vid card (VGA, HDMI, etc) to see if that made a difference. It didnt. Currently I am running 1280x768 with large fonts (130%) just to make things readable. But even still, it leaves a lot to be desired. (Have to squint as I type this)

·
Banned
396 Posts
I ran a 50LC14 on a nvidia 6200 through the VGA port and it worked quite well, obtaining 1280 X 720 was not a problem, and the nvidia drivers overscan adjustment was acceptable in fitting the image to my desktop. However, the HDMI to DVI connection was still better all around. Nvidia's support of digital display's (DVI) with its latest drivers is pretty hard to beat. I swapped out to the 52LCX65 which has only one VGA input in an abysmal location. 1280 X 720 over VGA was not possible on it. Not a big deal, since I prefer the HDMI to DVI picture quality from my HTPC, but there really should be more HDMI ports on these sets. I am still trying to resolve the tilted picture issue which was present on 2 of the panasonic sets I have tried so far (the second 50LC14 and the current 52LCX65). I may have just overlooked it on the first 50LC14 I tried. IMO, either panasonics quality control is nearly non-existant, or CC is selling factory rejects.

I should also note that the component out from the nvidia card is better than the VGA, but not quite as good as the DVI, and BF2 had a problem with the component signal. 1280 X 720 in battlefield 2 is simply a must have. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.