AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my panny pt-52dl52 for about 2 weeks now. The image appears to be out of focus during fast motion scenes (especially while watching sports). I have Time Warner digital cable feed with a scientific atlanta explorer 3100HD cable box which provides 7 channels in HD. This is more noticeable with the basic cable feed but also seems present with the HD channels (such as the Masters telecast on HD with CBS recently or the NBA on HD). I sense this occurring also with my progressive scan DVD picture but not as severely.

Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else noted this to be a problem? Would running the signal thru something like an iscan ultra make a difference? The still picture is magnificent and routine movie watching is also great but is is difficult to watch sports without feeling an eye strain.

Thanks.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
My impression (no real technical knowledge) is that it is mostly the source but some of it is the TV falling behind. Sorry for the lack of technical knowledge.

·
Registered
963 Posts
This is a known issue with DLP projectors and DLP televisions.

There has been a lot of discussion on the topic with regards to the Samsung DLP sets (because a LOT of forum members own the Sammy DLP models).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This problem is also mentioned in this PC Magazine extremetech.com article by Nick Stam:

HDTV Quest -- The Road to Insanity

Quote:
Tweeter only had the 50" Samsung DLP version on the showroom floor, and the image was generally a well-defined, sharp, and vibrant with HD content. But I did notice a few things that bothered me. In a nature documentary, I noticed some jitter in swaying leaves in a forest – more than the other projection HDTVs. And when watching hockey on HDNet, it seemed that fast motion was also somewhat more blurred than the others. It also seemed to take a fraction of a second longer than others for the image to "settle down" when the camera action stopped.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I'm quite happy that I *do* have the Sammy HLM507W, nicely tweaked, no problems.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Roper
I'm quite happy that I *do* have the Sammy HLM507W, nicely tweaked, no problems.
Same here. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.