AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've had this projector for 2 days and something has gone wrong. I've been experimenting with different placements and now the picture from left to right changes and and gets larger. It's not even close to a rectangle now. What have I done? It worked fine yesterday. It's not a vertical or horizontal issue. Keystone doesn't help either. They just raise and lower the mis-shaped pattern. Is there a setting to fix this? Please help.

Dave

·
Registered
409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemusic /forum/post/0

Guys, I've had this projector for 2 days and something has gone wrong. I've been experimenting with different placements and now the picture from left to right changes and and gets larger. It's not even close to a rectangle now. What have I done? It worked fine yesterday. It's not a vertical or horizontal issue. Keystone doesn't help either. They just raise and lower the mis-shaped pattern. Is there a setting to fix this? Please help.

Dave

You have your horizontal lens shift out of wack. As a result you are pointing the projector to the right or left to compensate and this causes the image to be out of square. You need to square up the projector with your screen and then use the horizontal lens shift to make the image properly fill the screen.

Tom

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I just hooked mine up too, but I don't have the mount yet so it's just sitting on a table. The black bar on the bottom is totally uniform, but the top bar dips down at the left. I've tried the horizontal lens shift, but didn't help. I'm thinking the top and bottom should have the same dip, but only the top does. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.