AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a replacement bulb from Amazon and when I put the bulb in and turned on the projector, there was a noise and a puff of smoke that came from projector and a strong smell. The lamp was stuck, but after prying the wires out, I can see that the 2 prong connector on the lamp melted to where it fused onto the projector connector end. I downloaded the Service Manual and am hoping to fix this myself. Having a hard time determining from the manual exactly which part to replace. Can anyone help with what part I need to order to replace the projector's lamp connector?

Thanks a ton for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any response to this yet? I had the same thing happen to me just now and want to know if I can fix it myself by finding some replacement parts. Mine is the 3000U, but I figure the parts could be the same.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj4384  /t/1513877/pt-ae2000u-lamp-connector-fused-melted-to-projector-what-part-to-replace#post_24476091

Any response to this yet? I had the same thing happen to me just now and want to know if I can fix it myself by finding some replacement parts. Mine is the 3000U, but I figure the parts could be the same.

You may find some information on the link below.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/930732/official-panasonic-ae2000-thread/3900#post_24441416

·
Registered
1 Posts
That makes 4 of us. Did anybody find a solution to this? I can't get the blown lamp unit out of the projector now. It's stuck fast.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing just happened to me with PT-AE3000E

Had it since new and it was my first lamp replacement.

Seems like the part needed is the whole housing replacement.
Number 21 on page 1 in this document:
EDIT - Just joined so I can't link to the document.

TEEC5273 Panasonic Housing

So, I take it then that generic lamp replacements are to be avoided at all costs then?!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Same thing just happened to me with PT-AE3000E

Had it since new and it was my first lamp replacement.

Seems like the part needed is the whole housing replacement.
Number 21 on page 1 in this document:
EDIT - Just joined so I can't link to the document.

TEEC5273 Panasonic Housing

So, I take it then that generic lamp replacements are to be avoided at all costs then?!

Amazon is turning into alibaba with all the fake junk on there. I'd never order a lamp there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the first and last time I've done it.

I actually made two orders as I needed it on short notice and wasn't sure my original order from Amazon would arrive as I had no follow-up from them.
This is the Amazon item:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004X25QN2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And then I ordered from an Irish company who assured me their supplier would have it to me within 3 days.

Both lamps arrived at the same time, sent from the same French supplier.

I chose the original Amazon one because it said it was 'by Panasonic'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts