Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I feed my PT-AE300 with Xbox progressive picture 525p the picture gets sorta smudged out (picture looks great in 525i).

Has anyone seen this before, note I have only tested this with the Xbox so far I will receive my Progressive dvd this week.

Thanks,

Adde

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way I have it setup from the Xbox to the Projector is from a HDTV pack you can get for the xbox and from there with Component cables directly to the projector.

Interlancesed pictures works fine but when it's stated 525p the picture gets smudged out, tried with focus and it's still the same.

Really want to get progressive working better on the projector as this improves the picture.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use my XBOX frequently with my PT-L300U and have not noticed any blurriness. I am also using the advanced AV pack with component inputs and have it set in the dashboard to do 480p, 720p, and 1080i. I am not aware of 525p as I have always just set it up and played. I was not aware of any set-up to get 525p. (Wouldn't it be 960 X 540?) Yet I do not have any HD games (only 1 1080i and 2 or 3 720p are out anyway). I have played quite a few 480p ones but have not payed attention to the picture significantly but do know there is no blurriness. Please advise on 525p...

Are you saying it upconverts to 525p?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My picture from my xbox to my ae-300 is sharper when I send the 525p compared to 525i. 525i feels a littel blury compared to 525p.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I understand it correctly it's the 480p that it's send but some display this as 525p.

Check your picture menu(on the panasonic) and see what it's showing there.

See if I can take a picture and show u guys tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still no joy :(

Could it be my homemade cable?

Will there be a big change in the signal that is sent when it's Progressive compared to Interlaced?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Adde

hi, Today i received my AE300 and i have the same problem so you have.

i hooked up the xbox (patched from pal to ntsc) to a YUV Adapter build by Gamester (Amazon.de). Using the YUV Cable to connect to the beamer.

Using 525i (actually 480i) the Picture look good.

But using 525p or ever a higher resolution the picture looks very bad.

i see "ghost-pictures". like having one vertical line but seeing many of them right to the original line.

what kind of YUV Adapter do you use ?

dm12

·
Registered
8 Posts
this is the same adapter is use ...

last night i did some research about this gamester adapter and i looks like many other people in germany have the same problem with this adapter.

i'am going to order another adapter from a differnt compony. if the new one works better i let you know ..

l8er

dm12

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great!

Where did u find this infromation in Germany?

Im swedish myself and understand a fair bit of German.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I only buy Microsoft a/v packs.. you should try those. support ms on xbox since they lose money on xbox ;).. and they're the higher quality packs. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe that progressive scanning (for games AS WELL AS movies) was disabled for the PAL version of the Xbox. Like I say,I may be wrong, but that might be your problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leadfoot,

You are half right :)

It is disabled if you run a xbox without chip, but when using it with chip for ex. Xeceture2 pro you can switch it to NTSC.

Then you can enable 480p, 720p and 1080i

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After looking through thoose sites it seemes that the problem is related to the Gamester High Definition AV pack.

Problems with converting RGB to YCrCb.

It is recommended to but the Microsoft High Definition AV Pack instead, which Microsft has pulled the selling of here in Europe ://

I received my 963SA today so I am going home to try the PS from that source through my component cables - which me luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump!

Any news on this?

I have ordered the original Pack from microsoft, should get this in 1-2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.