AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4000u is shutting down on its own as if it lost power. The projector is the only item plugged into the receptacle and that receptacle is the only receptacle on the circuit. The shutdown menu does not come up, the projector just shuts off and I have to wait for the lamp to cool to turn the projector back on. I check the filter each time this happens and it has no dust on it.

Also I set up a cinemscope screen and tried to use the lower masking to block light spillage during dark scenes. The lower masking does not seem to work. I set the lower masking to 72 and there appears to be no difference from 0 to 72. The subtitles still show up with it set on 72. The top, left and right masking seem to work just fine.

I sen it in for service but they have found no issues with the shutdown. I believe they have not checked the masking issue as of yet. I had to remind them of this issue.

The porjector has shutdown nearly a dozen times since I purchased it in early Deecmber. It has shutdown using a PC, Oppo Blu Ray player and Dish Network. All three soures are being sent through an Onkyo 906 receiver. It has never shutdown twice in an evening.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScheulen /forum/post/18301260

My 4000u is shutting down on its own as if it lost power. The projector is the only item plugged into the receptacle and that receptacle is the only receptacle on the circuit. The shutdown menu does not come up, the projector just shuts off and I have to wait for the lamp to cool to turn the projector back on. I check the filter each time this happens and it has no dust on it.

Also I set up a cinemscope screen and tried to use the lower masking to block light spillage during dark scenes. The lower masking does not seem to work. I set the lower masking to 72 and there appears to be no difference from 0 to 72. The subtitles still show up with it set on 72. The top, left and right masking seem to work just fine.

I sen it in for service but they have found no issues with the shutdown. I believe they have not checked the masking issue as of yet. I had to remind them of this issue.

The porjector has shutdown nearly a dozen times since I purchased it in early Deecmber. It has shutdown using a PC, Oppo Blu Ray player and Dish Network. All three soures are being sent through an Onkyo 906 receiver. It has never shutdown twice in an evening.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

First try to remove the re-install the LAMP.

If this problem appears again, next time you turn it on do this:

There is a hidden menu: the "Ex Option Menu". In the Self-Check Sub-Menu you will see if something went wrong last time.

I have the AE3000 PJ and the AE2000 Service Manual, but the procedure to enter in this service menu is the same (the names have changed a bit):

1. When the projector is power ON, press "POWER" button on the main unit or remote control unit to display "POWER OFF" confirmation screen.

2. Press the right-arrow button to select "CANCEL" in the "POWER OFF" confirmation screen.

3. On the main unit or remote control unit, press the buttons in order of up-arrow, down-arrow, up-arrow, down-arrow and "ENTER".

(When the "ENTER" button is pressed, "EXT OPTION" menu is displayed.)

Unless you know what you're doing, don't change anything in the sub-menus of the Ex Option Menu.

The sub-menus are:

· FAN FULLMODE

Setting the cooling fan motor rotation speed.

Switching ON "FAN FULLMODE", the rotation level of the fan becomes high-speed rotation (fixed). Moreover, when "FAN FULLMODE" is ON, changing "ALTITUDE" in OPTION becomes impossible (setting FAN FULLMODE is given priority more than ALTITUDE).

· AUTO SETUP

Setting AUTO SETUP mode

− NORMAL: To set the normal mode (the dot clock is adjusted strictly)

− SPECIAL: To set the special mode (the dot clock is adjusted roughly)

* Do not change the initial setting (NORMAL).

· SELF CHECK

This mode is used to narrow down the location of the failure

The result of items "IRIS", "FAN", "FAN1", "FAN2", "FAN3", "FAN4", "TEMP", "LAMP" and 2000H, the OK display becomes red characters when shutting down because abnormality happened last time.

TEMP OK:

Temperature Abnormality Check: cause of lamp malfuction

(LEFT) TEMP1 OK:

Thermosensor 1 A/D conversion value (0 -255) (*2): current temperature around the filter outlet

(RIGHT) TEMP1 OK:

Thermosensor 1 A/D conversion value (0 -255) (*2): temperature around the air outlet when the last thermal shutdown occurs.

(LEFT) TEMP2 OK:

Thermosensor 2 A/D conversion value (0 -255) (*2): current temperature around the air inlet.

(RIGHT) TEMP2 OK:

Thermosensor 2 A/D conversion value (0 -255) (*2): temperature around the air inlet when the last thermal shutdown occurs.

(*2) When detected abnormal temperature (high temperature around the air inlet and/or outlet ports), TEMP indicator turned on. If arriving at the critical temperature, the power supply will shutdown automatically and the indicator will flash.

· FLICKER ADJUST

To enter the flicker adjustment mode

· 525i SD

When non-standard signal of 525i/625i is inputted (AV amplifier, etc.), synchronization might be disordered according to connected equipment. In this case, set 525i SD to ON.

· OS

When a component signal (except 525i, 625i, 1125/60p and 1125/50p) is inputted, reflection noise (vertical striated beat) might be generated according to connected equipment. In this case, set OS to ON. However, the resolution decreases a little.

· HPLL

When non-standard signal of VIDEO/S-VIDEO is inputted (VTR, VHD, etc.), horizontal synchronization might be disordered according to connected equipment. In this case, set HPLL to OFF.

·
Registered
323 Posts
DScheulen,

Did you ever find a solution to the two problems you have had? I seem to be experiencing similar problems. I've had my 4000 for 2-3 weeks now and it has randomly shut itself off twice now for no reason.

My bottom masking also seems to not work at all?

Very curious to see if you found out anything...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts