AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By using edid2 every resolution listed in the manual works besides the ones in the 1:1 format, 750p and wide720. Can anyone please list their powerstrip settings for these resolutions? I've tried the default ones, 1280x720 LCD and 1280x720 HDTV, but my projector refuse to take them. When switching to these resolutions, the computer sometimes freeze and must reboot. The gfx-card is geforce ti4200.

To make the 1280x768 resolution work I had to lower the scanning frequencies somewhat, but it seems nothing works with the 1:1 ones.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Using DVI from my Bravo D1 and EDID2 setting on the AE500, I'm able to get full 1:1.

From my computer's DVI (ATI Radeon 9800) full 1:1 was achieved on EDID2 with Powerstrip standard setting: HDTV or LCD 1280 x 720

Powerstrip settings have also been posted on this link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=ae500

However, ATI cards typically are a lot easier than NVIDIA cards to get 720p 1:1 output using Powerstrip.

What I also do is output a standard 1280 x 1024 from the computer, on the projector side choose "V Scroll" as the aspect mode.

Any wide screen movies played will then fit perfectly on the projector screen.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Yep. I use ATI and don't even need PS, the default 1280x720 is 1:1.

-MP

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just built out a new computer with an ATI Radeon 9100IGP chipset, but I don't get 1280x720 listed as one of the resolutions I can choose (I have it hooked up to a Sharp XV-Z9000U Front Projector). What monitor did you have to select to get this resolution? (Mine is just set to Default Monitor since I couldn't find anything closer)

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I built my own custom monitor driver in PS, then used that.

-MP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.