AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a Panasonic PT-AE700 with a fixed wall screen (16:9, 106" diagonal, 52x92)

I need to purchase a ceiling mount. Not sure which to buy, since I'm not sure how low I'll have to suspend it. Here are the specs:

Projector: PT-AE700

Screen: 16:9, 106" diagonal, 52" x 92"

Seating Position: 14' away

Ceiling height: 107"

View Point: 40"

Room Size: 18' x 26'

Given I have a riser/stage up front, plus I have plugs that I want to clear, the screen will have to be installed minimum 23" off the floor. Allowing 2" for the aluminum frame, the top of the screen will be at 77" from the floor.

Am I better off getting a mount that can drop the projector as closest possible to the sweet spot?

In order for the projector to be in the absolute middle of the screen height, I would have to drop it about 56", which is unrealistic.

If I purchase a mount that can drop the projector about 20", am I within the shift range of the PT-AE700? If not, how much drop do I need?

Since my HT is a dedicated room, I have total control over ambient light. The room can be pitch dark. Am I better off getting a matte white screen, with 1.0 gain vs a high def grey type screen?

Thanks in advance,

F499

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is a rear shelf out of the question?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
If you are somewhat handy, you can build your own. If you do a search for 'monkeyman', he details how to build one for less than $40. I build one myself and it looks great. There are also a few other threads about other types that forum members built, but I am not sure what you would search for to find these.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
You can build your own hanging shelf pretty easy(and cheaply). My room is 25' deep and my shelf "hangs" from the ceiling 22' from the screen. The wires poke right up into the attic. Shelf mounting the 700 has the added benefit of the fan running quieter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.