AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time deciding between these two projectors, and am looking for some clarification from anyone that owns either of these units.

I like the AX100U because of the 2000 Lumens, and the ambient light sensor. I plan on doing a home theater in my basement, but there will be some ambient lighting as well as daytime viewing, so this should fit the bill.

But I like the AE1000U because of the 1080p native, 2 HDMI inputs. But I noticed that that lumens rating is only 1100, and according to the specs, it doesnt have the ambient lighting sensor.(At least not in the specs i've seen) Is 2000 vs 1100 that noticeable?

What would AVS veterans do?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Check out all this thread and read everything Cane wrote. He is running these two projectors and is giving great information.

He likes AX100 more as he hardly sees much difference from 1.5 screen width viewing distance. If you are going with bigger screen, it makes even more sense to go with AX100. Remember the actual lumens on both these are well below 50% in movie mode and they fall another 50% from these after few 100 hours on the bulb.

And the prices on 1080p pjs are falling few 100 each month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.