AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source to purchase a longer power cable for the l300u?

I need more than the 10ft they give......

Seems like a pretty generic cable.

Thanks in advance,

Cipro

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
just buy a longer, well shielded extension from home depot or lowes...make sure it's high capacity though...

that's what i've had for both my ae100 and now l300u...no problems whatsoever...

i needed a longer cable also, since my proj is ceiling mounted and the wires/cables are all running through my drop ceiling and there is not a power supply nearby...

works like a charm...

GO VOLS!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my little problem is that I am running the cable through some surface raceway and the end of the powercable is too big to fit inside the raceway.....so I need a single cable thats just longer....an extension wont work.

Thanks,

Cipro

And wow did the UT game look good in HDTV.....I went to the game and left at Halftime to watch the rest on my HT.

Now that makes me a geek......

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
do you have OTA HDTV or through sat?

i'm in the tri-cities, do you think i would be able to get OTA HDTV from k-ville?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You would not happen to know a vendor who would make one of these longer power cables do you.

I called Radio Shack and all I got was a blank stare....... :)

Cipro

Slateef: I am on Comcast cable.....pretty good HD lineup.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still hunting......any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cipro

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
as said before, why not buy the power cable (from Home Depot, Radio Shack, wherever) then solder the plug ends on yourself (female on the side where the PJ plugs in, male on the other.)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply.......I dont have the tools/skills to make my own.

I was not trying to be a pest just trying to find a vendor who might sell them.

Thanks,

Cip

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If I understand you correctly, all you need to do is fish the cord through a small opening, right?

I had to install an extension cord though my PJ mounting pipe and ceiling until I get my dedicated feed installed. I bought a heavy gage extension cord at Home Depot and a screw on 3-prong female male end plug. I cut the female end of the extension cord off, fished the cord through and then reattached my new plug. It's as simple as using a screw driver and wire snips.

Peace Out~:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.