AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard back from Panasonic parts - the PT-L300U is now available.

Quote:
Dear Panasonic Customer,

The service manual for your model is available for $50.00. There is also a $3.00 shipping/handling fee within the US, as well as your local taxes, attached to this order. To place an order, please call 800 833 9626 (253-395-7343) or e-mail us with your shipping and credit card information.

Marcus

National Parts Center
The older Panasonic projectors required software that connected to the serial port on the projector to do service adjustments. However, I'm hopeful that the L300 does not require software to adjust it as it doesn't have a visible serial port.

Still, I'm hesistant to spend almost $60 on this thing withough knowing whether it will actually be useful or not...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I think there is a (free) pdf of the manual around here somewhere.

·
Registered
159 Posts
"The older Panasonic projectors required software that connected to the serial port on the projector to do service adjustments. However, I'm hopeful that the L300 does not require software to adjust it as it doesn't have a visible serial port."

There was no serial port on the older Panasonic, you had to open it and somewhere on the topbord there was a small connector so you had to use a special plug to have access to it.

cheers

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent_L
"The older Panasonic projectors required software that connected to the serial port on the projector to do service adjustments. However, I'm hopeful that the L300 does not require software to adjust it as it doesn't have a visible serial port."

There was no serial port on the older Panasonic, you had to open it and somewhere on the topbord there was a small connector so you had to use a special plug to have access to it.

cheers
There is a serial port on the Panny 75u.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent_L

perhaps this is the case with the L300 as well. I ran across this picture of the inside, and there seems to be an unpopulated plug on the main board on the right edge near the top, that could be this connector?

L300 internal picture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.