Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

pt- lc75u recent+future owner

CalypsoCowboy is right lets make a thread just for pt-lc75u.

after your permission if you want to make this one. or we get over week end to decide. we will name it pt-lc75 u FAQ.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HI

I CONNECT TONIGHT S-VIDEO

to pj kids wanna watch cartoon net work.

i have a cable for TV channel.

picture not bad at all.

my cable has a lots noise even on Sony 40``xbr700. put on pj was not bad .

so i went to menu to see the feature of s-video.[position]

i could do 16:9\\\\4:3\\\\s4:3\\\\auto

i like s4:3.

and re sizing on\\off. the off feature is like compressed screen great quality its about 45``-50`` diagonal according to my pj- screen distance 8`10``.

i had to lower bright room was to bright. i even have lamp on standard not high.

i would imagine if pj distance from screen was more .the should be larger and better. i`ll try that.

safaa

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since this is a FAQ thread, let me ask a question. I just got my 75U last night (thanks Saffa!) and hooked it up to my DirecTiVo (it was the closest thing I had handy). I must not be much of a videophile because I thought that considering I was just projecting on a white wall, the picture quality was pretty good. Not great, but certainly good enough to make DirecTV enjoyable.

So, my question: has anyone tried a VB50 with their 75U and a DirecTV receiver? If so, how much of an improvement (if any) is there in picture quality? Enough to justify the cost of the VB50? I'd also be interested to hear about anyone's experience with a PS2 or cable TV through the VB50. I'd imagine that those sources would see a similar percentage improvement. I'm trying to decide whether I should build my DIY mount for the 75U with the VB50 in mind.

Thanks...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did that on the first night I tried the PJ.

FWIW I just watched the Sept 11 tribute to firemen (not the original CBS broadcast, maybe a replay some place? I do not remember but it might have been PBS or PBSU).

Tried different settings on the VB50 and I thought the SVGA setting was about the better of the options. Slight improvement over direct Svideo from sat to 75U (which also means the 75U internal is decent).

Is the VB50 worth it?

For $90 what are you worried for? Worst comes to worse I now have a separate TV tuner on my home office with my 19-inch Raster Ops, without needing any more space!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Where are you getting the VB50 for $90?

Or is that a price like my wife always says...

"Honey, I bought this xxxx...It was only $20 dollars"....Then when I check the receipt, it was 29.99 before tax ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi

i played dvd last night , from stand alone player not progressive. using

s-video picture quality was really great.

so i said lets do it from htpc. was not good as s-video but watch able. color was little washed . i went to menu. inceased colors. still not optimum quality.

on my Sony 4``xbr 700 using key digital vga input component output to TV component input . using pstrip960x480p. picture qualit is so great.

so i`m thinking why TV has better pic q than pj . is that due to the use of component but pj uses vga.

it should be better than component.

here comes the adds on

i think about view sonic line doubler s-video in component in and it s vga out.

second hand i thought about splitting component out using Y cable will i have 3 of these cables so i tried .

component out from keydigital=== split === to TV well it works it look great on TV i didn't loose any pic quality on TV. so now i`m gonna need break out cable component--vga. to take other side of split componet to pj via vga.

to me its like

vgaout from htpc-----key digital -------component split 1} for tv

2} for pj via vga.

what you think guys is it gonna improve PQ?

SAFAA

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
HTPC is best fed into PJ directly via PJ's VGA port using a triple-coax, shielded, good quality VGA male->male cable. If colors are washed out then something is wrong with your HTPC setup or VGA cables. Ask for help in the HTPC section. I really doubt that KeyDigital can improve HTPC image over its native resolution output to match 75u XGA panel. Make sure you have the clock and phase set right (autoadjust button should set these on 75u).

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you sir

i`ll try that

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i called key digita support. i told them i want to connect component out from kdigital using breakout cable . he said that shuold work . so i`m going to buy it. i should listen to huey on old thread about buying cables he told me if i was going to buy Y VGA buy a breakout cable also to save on shipping. now i`m gonna buy it with extra shipping.:D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
robertmee:

Was $99 or a bit over $100 at Amazon.com. Then some easily acquired coupon or promo code ever present in the deals on the net.

Plus free shipping and no tax. It might have been $84 even - I actually do not recall the exact price but $90 was tops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LateComer -

You say the VB50 gives "slight improvement", then ask "for $90 what are you worried for?" You may have answered your own question - if the improvement is "slight", it's probably not worth the $90 and the hassle of having 1 more box (and remote) in the signal path from the DTV receiver to the pj. In my case, I don't have any other use for the VB50 (no interest in watching TV on my monitor), so even though $90 is a small percentage of the price of the PJ, if it doesn't offer noticable improvement, the money is better spent on 4 DVDs IMO.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion. Anyone else have an opinion? Is the "slight" improvement noticable enough that you could detect it consistently in A/B tests?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Based on Robertme's recommendation, I also went and picked up the lc75u.

Looks great. I use an HTPC with a Radeon 7500 (older Radeon will not work) and PS3. The HTPC is connected to the pj using a high quality VGA cable. There are a few tricks.

1. Set the desktop resolution to 1024x768. Change to it. Radeon will run at 60Hz.

2. Cause a reload of the monitor video drivers through PS3. Select a generic monitor type of 1600x1200 (I think, I am at work). PS3 can read the projector's specs if you do a read from monitor.

3. On PS3, you can now configure a display configuration of 72Hz (works best for DVDs). You can even go 85Hz.

Reboot. The windows desktop should be very sharp. When you play a DVD, it should look good.

Sorry if my descriptions are not precise. I am at work. For those interested, I do have some synch issues with AccessDTV for HDTV (but works at 1440i RGB setting).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
LOL... robertmee

My wife does the exact same thing.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi rich

my problem was the cable .

so i connect the panasonc provided cable straight to radeon vga port.pic q was great/

but i also have sonyxbr that i want to be connected to htpc as well. the only issue here is get one resolution to work for both pj and TV.

so i connect k digital to vga card then pj to loop through on k digital using panasonic cable,

i`m using res 960x540 w\\ps3.

\\as you said 1024x768 is just great. but wont work with sony . so i got to be in middle with this resolution.

i just hit me . i should make to OS ON HTPC, one for pj with high resolution the other for TV with low resolution what do you think about that.unless you have better idea, cause this is driving me crazy.

should i put win 2000+me.

any idea appreciated

thank you

safaa

or should i use that with ME OS ON OTHER DRIVE .I ONLY HAVE TO SELECT WHITC OS I`LL USE
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...p?sku=R75-1000 [/url]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Huey…You said the best feed for HTPC is directly into the PJ’s VGA port. What is your recommendation for those also using an A/V receiver?

Will there be a noticeable loss in PQ if you go through the receiver first? And would you therefore recommend not going through the receiver?

And how would you recommend connecting to the receiver (my Yamaha RX-V1200 receiver has almost every type of connection, but not VGA)?

Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hello

i found resolution 800x600 will satisfy viewing on pj and tv same time+ monitor.

800X600 using pstrip 32bit color. here the timing.

=====================================================

33.750 mhz# hoz 32.959 khz# ver 52.989 hz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

active 800 23.704 600 18.204

front porch 32 0.948 1 0.030

synch w 80 2.370 3 0.091

back porch 112 3.319 18 0.546

total 1024 30.341 622 18.872

=====================================================

i guess i have to do some clicks to see if any improvement. if not this is very good for now.

i don't to have to buy new drive or drive select..

its great i`ll check out tonight when room gets darker. but now looks very good :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Video is via HTPC into PJ. Audio into AV receiver using HTPC SPDIF capable sound card. If you have more than one VGA source, you'll need a switcher like the KVM Omniview SE for $60 (4->1). This switcher will switch component too if you use breakout cable to convert 3 RCA into 15-D VGA input (you can have RGB on one input and component on another). PJ's VGA port will be set to 'autosense' if it can take component or RGB via VGA port (like my LT150 can).

If you have Svideo sources take it into PJ directly (more than 1 Svideo sources will need Svideo switching via AV receiver or externally with a Svideo switchbox if your AV receiver can't switch Svideo).

Forget composite as it's not worth the cable cost.

If you use a scaler some of the switching can be done here too. Like my cheap VB50 can accept VGA input of HTPC (or component from DVD playern if component->VGA breakout cable is used) and pass it unmolested to PJ via its VGA port (passthrough quality is very very good). VB50 processes Svideo (SVHS VCR for analog cable TV, VHS, LD, and/or DSS/digital cable) into RGB and send it to PJ. I can switch between HTPC (or component DVD player) and VB50's processed Svideo via VB50's IR remote. I have Omniview SE 4->1 VGA switcher to change between the HTPC and component DVD player (HTPC backup) into VB50's VGA input for passthrough. The Omniview has 2 more empty 15-D VGA inputs for HDTV or what ever else comes down the pike (HDDVD?).

Safaa, in response to your PM, I think the problem is your Y-VGA cable. The impedance is mismatched when you try to split the VGA passively. You need to buy the more expensive, active (powered) VGA switcher or splitter to match the impedance better. Omniview SE makes decent and affordable VGA switcher and splitter. More expensive brands include Kramer, Extron, etc. with better bandwidth supporting higher resolutions including HDTV. The rule of thumb is over 400 Mhz video bandwidth for HDTV or above XGA. SVGA or VGA may do OK with lower video bandwidth (manual VGA switcher or Y-VGA can only really handle VGA resolution adequately).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.