AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any technical difference between the Panasonic PT-LC75U and the PT-LC75E ? As far as I can tell, the 75U is sold in the US and the 75E in Europe but I don't know if there are any technical differences.

The reason for the question is that a friend from Europe is interested in this PJ and it's cheaper to buy it in the US.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'll look in my 75U manual, but I believe they are the same because I think the US version supports PAL. I'll post later tonight.

Scott

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Both versions support PAL....Looking at the 75E specs:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/product/m...or/PTLC75E.htm

The 75u specs show support for:

HDTV & Video Compatibility (1080i, 720p, 625i, 480i, 480p, NTSC,M-NTSC,PAL,PAL-N,PAL-M,SECAM)

It appears they are the same with the exception of a variation on the RGB2 input/ouput. On the US Model, RGB2 is similar to RGB1...A DB15 connection. Looking at the above spec, they say that RGB2 is a 4pin connector?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Next you'll probably ask if shows 576p progressive PAL. I was interested in this projector and tried to find this piece of info for like two months without success! (Still don't know!) I asked Panasonic, the Finnish importer, searched and posted on four or five different HT forums in several countries. Nada. Nothing.

The only input I got was quoting the official specs which do not include 576p. On the other hand, neither do the specs of AE100 and yet it seems to show 576p beautifully.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I think I feel good enough to get the 75U for my friend in Europe. If for some reason it doesn't work out for him, I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Robertmee: If you're interested in doing any PAL tests, I have an Apex DVD player that outputs both PAL and progressive that I'm not using. (I'm not sure if it will do PAL progressive.)

I don't use the DVD player so you're welcome to borrow it to experiment with at your leisure. It supposedly will take any PAL dvd and display NTSC, and take any NTSC dvd and display PAL. I don't remember the model number but I can look it up when I get home.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ike,

Your friend will be very happy with the 75U. It's a good projector, especially now that it's a little cheaper. I'll probaly be keeping mine untill they update the 55/75U series of projectors or if they change their warranties for the AE200/300 to the 3 year Panazip.

Scott

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TracyInCary
Robertmee: If you're interested in doing any PAL tests, I have an Apex DVD player that outputs both PAL and progressive that I'm not using. (I'm not sure if it will do PAL progressive.)

I don't use the DVD player so you're welcome to borrow it to experiment with at your leisure. It supposedly will take any PAL dvd and display NTSC, and take any NTSC dvd and display PAL. I don't remember the model number but I can look it up when I get home.
Thanks for the offer Tracy....Me personally, I'm not concerned with displaying PAL for obvious reasons :) But, if there is interest among forum members, we can certainly put together a test. However, I know the 75u will do interlaced Pal....The big question is whether it would do progressive PAL and whether your APEX player outputs progressive PAL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.