AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current issue of Sound & Vision mentions that this ED Panasonic Plasma will have a built-in HDTV tuner. They did not mention a NTSC tuner, but would they not have that and a HDCP DVI input also? The expected release date was July - is that likely? Any information on these questions and price?

Dsmith

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Glauco. Do you know when will the HD models get tuners?

Dsmith

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
dsmith901,

The TH-42PXD20U is a HD Display with ATSC Tuner (Probably NTSC Tuner too)

Suppose to ship in March 2004 at MSRP of $7999.95

So far that's all I know. I'm trying to get more info with a friend that works in an authorized Panasonic dealer. If I get anything new I'll be posting here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith901
The current issue of Sound & Vision mentions that this ED Panasonic Plasma will have a built-in HDTV tuner. They did not mention a NTSC tuner, but would they not have that and a HDCP DVI input also? The expected release date was July - is that likely? Any information on these questions and price?

Dsmith
Yes, it appears that the article is incorrect with regard to the built in HDTV tuner. The article is the first I've seen to actually have a picture of the unit. I have included it below. It's actually silver now. I'm definitely in the market for the Panny 42" EDTV.

Here are the advantages I see over the current EDTV model:

- Built in speakers

- NSTC tuner with PIP

- DVI/HDCP interface

- 2 rear component video jacks + 1 front A/V jack

Did I miss any others?

Depending on how much retailers discount the current model, it may be worth waiting and paying more for the new 2003 model.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
HDCP, whoop dee do.....and in five years my eldest son will be able to drive a car legally (shiver, shiver) and i still will only be able to see five channels in HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.