AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys weren't kidding about there being absolutely no room on top of the TV to place a center speaker. So how have you guys been mounting yours? I was thinking of pushing the TV further back on the TV stand and then placing the speaker directly in front of the TV. I think my speaker is low enough to not block the picture. Are most center speakers shielded? Placing a speaker this close to the TV shouldn't cause any adverse affects, right? I guess the other option is to mount it on a shelf on the wall right above the TV.

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
All my speakers are mounted on the wall before I even purchased the TV. I think your idea should work. Some owners actually put the center speaker in TV stand equipement rack.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I put mine i front of the set. I have seen a "shelf" advertised that rests on the top of the set and has adjustable legs that contact the back of the set for support.

I have to offset the speaker to the left so that the sensor for the remote is exposed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I put my center channel speaker on the stand right in front of the tv. I had to put it slightly left of center so it wouldn't block the infrared eye for the remote. You shouldn't have any worries about shielded or not with your speaker (though most center channel speakers are shielded) like you do with a CRT tv. The magnetic field doesn't interfere with this lcd projection technology.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am going to mount it above the V with a shelf. I got a shelf from Ikea last week - hopefully it will hold.

Will post pics of it when I get it finished, hopefulyl this week.,

·
Registered
80 Posts
I placed it in front of the tv on top of my stand. Works quite well, the only thing that bugs me is the wire I have running to my receiver, it looks a little unsightly running across the top of my stand and around the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.