AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously had a 45LC12, and the bulb life as stated in the manual was 5,000 hours IIRC. The manual for the 50LC13 says 10,000 hours. What did they do to double the bulb life, or is one of these numbers suspect?

Also, the 45LC12 had an easily accessible filter on the front of the unit that I vacuumed clean every few months. I see no such thing on the LC13, and in the manual it says to "consult your nearest service dealer" when the OSD says "Air Filter Cleaning" is displayed.

Now, there's no way in hell I'm calling for service every 6 months to have the filter cleaned. Anyone else checked into where the filter is on the LC13 and how hard it is to clean?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but I still wonder why the bulb life was quoted at 5K hours on the LC12, and 10K hours on the LC13...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jfischer
I know, but I still wonder why the bulb life was quoted at 5K hours on the LC12, and 10K hours on the LC13...
Perhaps the bulbs used in the LC13 are better bulbs than the ones used in the LC12?

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
probably means average lifespan is 5/10k.

it's probably the same basic lamp with two years of improvements in manufacturing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The lamps do have different part numbers though....

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The LC12 is a 150w bulb that can be run at 135 as well. The LC13 has only a 100w bulb.

That's probably why it lasts longer, it's not running as hot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you get the 150w bulb to run at 135? Is this a service menu option? Any chance the 100w bulb in the LC13 could be stepped down? If so, would this help the black level of the set?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Egnix
How do you get the 150w bulb to run at 135? Is this a service menu option? Any chance the 100w bulb in the LC13 could be stepped down? If so, would this help the black level of the set?
The power change is a user menu item.

It simply changes the overall brightness: the contrast

ratio is unaffected.

There is, at least on my set, another change: there

is a tiny but noticeable color mottling on a pure gray screen.

This is worse at the lower power setting.

Doug McDonald

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Egnix
It's on the TV's menu (it's not labeled 150/135, but something like Normal/Cinema). You can hear a relay click inside the set when you change it. I always ran mine at 135 because it was plenty bright for me at that setting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jfischer
It's on the TV's menu (it's not labeled 150/135, but something like Normal/Cinema). You can hear a relay click inside the set when you change it. I always ran mine at 135 because it was plenty bright for me at that setting.
On the LC13, the Normal/Cinema(/Dynamic) are just setting presets.

Anyone know if the LC13 has something similar to the above in the service menu?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.