AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I called the 800 number in the manual, and spoke with Derek, who abruptly told me that the only place to look for codes was remote central.com, and that Panasonic did not release codes. He didn't know how the codes got out that are on RC for other models.

I was also told that there are no discrete codes for the 50LC13 after asking with whom elseI could talk about releasing the codes and why they did not use direct access buttons for input changes. Needless to say, I did not get a name, and was told that direct access cost too much. What horse sh1t. Although I am otherwise happy with the set, I may return it over this issue.

Jeff

·
Registered
543 Posts
All the other Panasonic sets appear to support discrete inputs; I'd be surprised if the 50LC13 didn't. Go and try the ones on remotecentral. You can also get them with certain One-For-All / Radio Shack remotes and advanced codes and/or JP1 hacking. Once I get my remote in perhaps I'll go to the dealer and see if it works (I'm still waiting for my set).

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmm, unfortunately the discrete codes that work on Panasonic plasma and CRT RPTV don't work on this set. Hopefully they just moved them to a different subdevice code, rather than omitting them entirely. After all there is a discrete for the RGB1 input on the remote. Once I get my set I will be able to experiment more extensively.

There is always the clunky workaround of selecting RGB (or TV tuner) and appropriate number of "input" presses, I suppose. I will be disappointed if I have to resort to this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.