AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked for some help regarding HDTV's in the MaximumPC forum and I was referred to you knowledgeable folks over here.

I've narrowed my choices down to either the Panasonic PT50LC13 or Toshiba 65H93, basically size versus LCD. Does anyone have any recommendations on which would be the wiser choice?

My goal basically is the best DVD picture quality. I'm relatively new to HDTV, so I've been researching upconverting 720p to 1080i, and this is what has me stuck. The Toshiba 65H93 looks like it upconverts everything to 1080i but has a bigger screen, while the Panasonic PT50LC13 looks to support 720p natively, as well as 1080i but has a smaller screen.

I would much rather the larger screen, but not at the expense of a drastic or even slightly irritating noticeable difference in quality. Basically, if I'm not going to notice much on the Toshiba model as far as upconverting, then I'd like to go that route.

Can anybody help me out or give me some advice that I may be overlooking or just plain oblivious to? As a side note, I also own an XBox and I'm not seeing anything that points to trouble running that on the Toshiba, but if I'm mistaken please correct me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you get the Tosh, get the HX93, not the H93. Better everything.

Yes, I believe the Tosh upcoverts everything to 1080i and it looks great, including DVD. Try to do a side by side comparison with the same input.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by One4yu2c
I asked for some help regarding HDTV's in the MaximumPC forum and I was referred to you knowledgeable folks over here.

I've narrowed my choices down to either the Panasonic PT50LC13 or Toshiba 65H93, basically size versus LCD. Does anyone have any recommendations on which would be the wiser choice?

My goal basically is the best DVD picture quality. I'm relatively new to HDTV, so I've been researching upconverting 720p to 1080i, and this is what has me stuck. The Toshiba 65H93 looks like it upconverts everything to 1080i but has a bigger screen, while the Panasonic PT50LC13 looks to support 720p natively, as well as 1080i but has a smaller screen.

I would much rather the larger screen, but not at the expense of a drastic or even slightly irritating noticeable difference in quality. Basically, if I'm not going to notice much on the Toshiba model as far as upconverting, then I'd like to go that route.

Can anybody help me out or give me some advice that I may be overlooking or just plain oblivious to? As a side note, I also own an XBox and I'm not seeing anything that points to trouble running that on the Toshiba, but if I'm mistaken please correct me.
ONE=THIS is a SONY site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.