AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does my tv says nothing but 2710 on the lamp timer ?

where do I go to see incrementation on the milage of my lamp?

there is no way that this thing that cost as much as a used car cannot

give me the usage of the most important thing in the dam device-the lamp

How do I know if this tv was not used by some store and then ship to me

and i cannot tell the lamp hour in the service menu or where ever it is

common fellows this is the real problem with this tv and some other ones I found out like when you use your VCR and you go foward on the remote and the picture blanks out for 2 seconds---what the hell is that.

lets concentrate on this lamp problem

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
why does my tv says nothing but 2710 on the lamp timer ?
The last 2 digits are in HEX, so it's not a number.

I'll decipher it when my service manual arrives.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ein, also post if the manual has schematics & shows if the dvi port has a direct digital path via 720p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you must be tech suave

thanks Ein for responding

I understand what you are saying but thoses hex last 2 number that you are talking about do not increment.

wait 2 or 4 hours and see there is no increment .

I got the service manual buts its backed ordered for two weeks

some people in this forum do not want to admit that this is the most

important thing in this device and knowing what the milage is on the lamp

must be known as a consumer to know where this panny has been

what it use as a demo?

is it a refurbished ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, it is important. However I don't believe my set has 2710 hours on it. The thing just won't change. I believe my TV was manufactured in early July (I remeber seeing a date somewhere, I'll check tonight when I get home). I bought it the first week in August. It is impossible for my TV to have 2700 hours on it even if it was on 24 hours a day. That's almost 4 months of use.

Anyhow, I'm not really worried at this point. I do hope an explanation happens soon.

I don't believe my TV was a demo or a return. It is strange that some owners have reported a 'normal' reading though...

·
2,426 Posts
Hi,

The fast forward thing is that the TV is not seeing a usable signal so it changes to a blue screen until it receives a stable signal.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by camsol2002

some people in this forum do not want to admit that this is the most

important thing in this device and knowing what the milage is on the lamp

must be known as a consumer to know where this panny has been

what it use as a demo?

is it a refurbished ?
Why don't you call Panasonic and ask them why it's like that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did and they said flatly that the panny will not give you that info

the tv is still too new some technicians don't even know about the service code or even how to get in it.-------and this is the panasonic technician

saying this.

I get a bad feeling there is some kind of software bug in there service code

and thats why they will not give that info

I'm guessing at this position---- I worked in a manufacture enviorment

and people are hush hush when it comes to software bugs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the indication of 2710. This is the value set to trigger the lamp life low indication. It will not change.

It does not indicate lamp hours on. That is indicated in a seperate service menu.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
If I remembered correctly, I get my lamp hours using another method posted here:

With TV OFF, press "Volume Down" button on TV and TV/Video button on remote for about 7 seconds. The TV will turn on and display a service screen. You should have lamp hours listed there.

As Ikubotok posted above, the 2710 you see in other service menu is not the lamp running hours.

That's the whole reason why manufacturers don't want you to get into service menu in the first place. People actually call support for something they don't suppose to see and understand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally the real answer---thank you

as far as manufactures are concern, if I buy a tv from any brand

they better give me the service code and everything in it

wheather i understand or not----don't hide it ,say it, write it etc.....

and if they don't thats what this forum is for.

don't defend the manufacture. If its yours you want to know

everything from head to toe---its my problem as to what i do when I push the button ---why because i bought it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just realized that 2710 in hex equals 10000 in decimal. That makes sense 'cuz the lamp is suppose to last 10000 hrs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
69h on my TV

·
Registered
845 Posts
Case closed for the lamp hour. :)

Another interesting observation just came up. I don't think this set is optimized for 720P, but for 1080i input.

The next time Monday night or Sunday night football comes up, look at the on screen score banner and players on the field. In 720p, see if you notice any noise or halo effect on the score banner and around players on the field. If you do, switch your HD receiver to output 1081i. Is the noise/halo effect still there or less of it?

This set definitely display a better picture when the source is 1080i. Until someone tells me technically this set does 720p natively, my eyes tell otherwise or that 720p compresses too much.

Right now my HD receiver is outputting 1080i instead of 720p to this set and the picture looked much better.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
I'd say this has a lot to do with your video source. 720p does require higher bandwidth than 1080i. Many people(me included) report 1280x720 produces best image from a HTPC.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
This set has to be optimized for 720p-thats its native resolution. Hey Ein, whereabouts in Wisconsin are you from. i live in the Appleton area

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.