AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums for a while before deciding to post this. I could use some input i have solid red/pink discoloration about 7 inches wide that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen. It is not curved in anyway. My initial thought is the light engine but im wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and if there is anything i can do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
My first thought would be that the LCD prism unit has a loose connection.

Does this occur on other sources, like a TV channel?

The service manual can be found here . If you look at page 68, you will see connections P2001, P2002, and P2003 that lead from the LCD Drive CBA to the LCD prism unit. I would check/reseat those connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil /forum/post/20293645

Does this occur on other sources, like a TV channel?

The service manual can be found. If you look at page 68, you will see connections P2001, P2002, and P2003 that lead from the LCD Drive CBA to the LCD prism unit. I would check/reseat those connections.

it does indeed occur on every input and tv channel... i will take it apart and check the connections thank you very much for your input and help Tomwil from what i have read on this forum you are a pillar of the community and cant be thanked enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil /forum/post/20293645

well i took the back cover off today and was looking through the disassembly procedures and just felt overwhelmed im not sure this is something i can do on my own.... i feel like i have to take apart 2/3 of the TV to get to said connectors looks like ill have to live with it or take it to a repair shop. Again thanks for your help tomwil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts