AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Don't really like the cover, not sure if I'll buy the movie either. Too many boring middle parts, too repetitive.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
That release date, by the way, is for England according to the above linked article, I don't know if it's the same for the EEUU as well? It doesn't say anything about it, it just references a link to Amazon UK which cites the October 26th date.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I'll have to pick this one up. A family member was one of the cops in it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So, a couple weeks away and yet no order link at Amazon or DVDEmpire. I can only assume this isn't coming in October after all, but when will it be coming out? It's as though this film has quietly fallen off the radar...

·
Registered
21,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin /forum/post/17015300

Don't really like the cover, not sure if I'll buy the movie either. Too many boring middle parts, too repetitive.

The movie was good but the charactor dialogue were the worst i've heard since "the happening".

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAVHTx /forum/post/17341856

Again, for Canadians, I believe FutureShop has a steelbook for this title as well!

Good to know

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It's bumping heads with Potter for that specific release date. I'm going to give it another shot with a rental but the folks I saw it with at the theater were basically indifferent towards it as was I.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I watched this movie last night for the first time. It was a little slow, but the gunfights/bank robberies were simply amazing! I love the natural sounds of the gunshots....they don't sound "manufactured" like other Hollywood movies. It's becoming a trademark amongst Michael Mann films (it started with Heat, then Collateral, Miami Vice, and now Public Enemies).

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
I too watched this recently and thought it was pretty good but the handheld camera work during that big scene closer to the end gave me a bit of a headache. Usually I have no problems with the "shaky cam" effect but this one really messed me up. It also looked too much like a home movie during that scene.

Because of that handheld camera work I will have to pass on the blu-ray.

1 - 20 of 370 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.