AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really thinking about ebay my utv. The ability to network tivos and be ablity to log into the tivo while not being local utv just can't touch.

My question: When I decide to ebay the utv would I be better off swapping a 40 gig back into the utv or should I keep the 120?

·
Registered
719 Posts
my guess would be to leave well enough alone and ask for a premium given you have done the somewhat risky task of upgrading it already. Put the 40 back in and you have to clear your 120 etc. I am sure there are plenty of users on this board that would buy it either way though. Might want to wait till you have 3.7.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have 3.7.... Man those drives have gotten cheap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scott, you're right, you can't network the DirecTivo (or program it via the Internet). It's my understanding that DirecTV doesn't offer any equipment capable of this. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
 http://www.9thtee.com/turbonet.htm

Completely Assembled and Tested TurboNET Card

100baseTX Ethernet NIC for TiVo

Fits in both Stand Alone TiVo Series 1 TiVo's and DirecTiVo

3.3volt - Motherboard powered

·
Registered
14 Posts
fearlessrogue,

In order to use that Tivonet card you'll have to have a series 1 tivo, which will be difficult to find. You'll end up paying a premium for a used unit, similar to the UltimateTV you'll be selling. My suggestion to you would be to wait and see if DirecTV decides to offer the HMO options on the new Series2 Tivo. As best I can tell, this issue is still in limbo, likely to see what type of support issues Tivo has on the standalone units. The Tivonet card will not have you sharing video between individual tivo's and I think that's the biggest benefit of HMO.

My advice.....wait and see.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HMO?

When did we start talking about health care?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.