AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a UMC-1 Pre and XPA-5 and a UPA-2 for my HT Setup... Anyone else have experience with this setup? BTW my system as follows 7 Vifa Big AV Cabs in MTM Config towers. Drivers are as follows 2 P17-00-08's and T25CF-001 in each cab, with a 7.3 config. I have 2 BIC PL-200r's and 1 Velodyne DEQ-12R..

Right now I have a Denon AVR1912 running everything with a PS3.. Will I notice a huge difference with upgrading to this or what other suggestions do you have around 1200-1500ish

Later on I will prob be making a differnt set of 7 speakers thinking of the Statements or going with the Madisounds Zaph Audio ZRT 2.5 Way fronts but idk yet

Thanks all

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I did not notice a huge difference with any change to electronics. I added an XPA-3 to my system to improve power, and did not notice any obvious difference. That doesn't make it a bad purchase, IMO.

My only thoughts are that some people feel the UMC-1 still has issues, at least the last time I checked. The problem is figuring out what's been fixed since it first came out, and had various issues.

I know of two things I heard still don't work well...

1) Bass management (For technical reason, some people have complained about the way it was implemented, you would have to take time to read the salient points, as I can't easily explain the issue

2) Their EQ system's usefulness has been questioned

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Or you could talk to the guy who bought McIntosh amps. I guess they were 1000 times better than what he had

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.