AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1999 at CC. Picked up a 3 year warrantee for $235. Don't normally buy service plans, but this is an expensive item so I feel better covered. Any recommended DRC setting: 480p, 960i? I'm going to use AVIA to adjust the set, any of the picture modes better to use as "my" reference. I tested a progressive DVD player and thought that the picture was better, but really subtle. I have an interlace so I'm not ready yet to buy a new player. I also don't like that the auto 16:9 doesn't work in progressive (heard that on various sites) Are others happy with an interlaced player? Any other settings I should not use or set to a specific value? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great choice! :) I also have the HS30. I would say don't invest the money in the upgrade for a progressive player if you're happy with your current player (meaning you don't have any problems). I have a non-prog player that I bought when progressive players were well over $1000 so there was no way I was going to spend that much for arguably a small improvement in PQ. Even though progressive players are down to $300 (and some cases less) I still don't want to invest that much for the difference in PQ. When my current player breaks or gets outdated, then I will definitely get a progressive player. (Although my bedroom DVD player (3 year old RCA) recently crapped out in the middle of a movie and hasn't worked since, so maybe I should look into swapping out the main player... hmmmm :cool: )

As for the 480p/960i questions - you will hear people tell you both are better. I prefer 960i as I dislike the scan lines and can't tell a big difference in the PQ. (Of course once you are watching HD you will hate both options when you switch back as NTSC looks like crap after viewing HD! :( )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.